Air Suspension Failed... what mods to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Reaction score
All you've done is repackaged other people's efforts. Steal Toddco's stainless hoops. Steal Sasquatch's grommets. Promote like hell. That's it. I didn't join a Club to get street cred like you did either. I regret getting into this market because it turns my stomach to see people like you who are in this ONLY for the money.
Hang on a minute there pardner. That's pretty much how most successful businesses function. These other folks don't happen to have any patents being infringed, do they? If no, then there is no legal basis for your accusations, and since there is nothing technically challenging about engineering or building such a device, the ethical ground Mr. Johnson is standing on is quite solid too. 'Tis the free market functioning as it should and why our legal system provides for patent protections on designs.

Dave

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said anything about legal or patent infringement. Trust me, I looked into this 3 years ago. The cost of a patent far outweighs the potential for the product. He has a fine product. I never said it was a POS. I have just reached the boiling point with the incessant self promotion of Greg. Please, please, please contribute more to this community than only chiming in when there's a thread topic of lift kit. When that changes, maybe my opinion of Greg will.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about offering up a full product comparison with supporting documents/information. That way you can be done with and reference folks with questions to that product comparison and description, letting us make our decisions based on that information. And thus the repercussions and ramifications of our choices are ours alone.
Just a suggestion. :)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even think that is Dave's point. The Sasquatch rods are a different product than the Johnson...johnsons? (rods, get it?) Dave has put a lot of time into developing the adjustable rods and they are nice. I have never even seen the Johnson Rods, but I imagine that they are cut at a prescribed height. I will say one thing on each party's behalf:

For Greg: At $150 per set, all he CAN do is market. It's not like he can talk about the technical merits or complex analysis of such a simple mechanism.

For Dave: He brings a strong point to the table that ALL Greg does is lurk on the board and ***** for attention. I think all he wants is for Greg to be "normal" on the board and get into the flow of our community...and tone down the marketing a bit.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Just a suggestion to hopefully help each party out and put it all to bed but sounds like a bit of apples and oranges - different products for different needs and situations.

Geotrash

Reaction score
I think all he wants is for Greg to be "normal" on the board and get into the flow of our community...and tone down the marketing a bit.
This can be said without attacking Greg's product and approach. Attacking competitors in front of the customer is bad form in most businesses, and often fatal.

Dave

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave:

You just need to stop with the negative comments, misinformation and bully tactics. You ***** the forums as much as anybody pimping your rods and making smart comments about others. Sell all the rods you can, I really don't care, however, don't preach and ********** at the same time. The more you talk trash the better business I do (9 sets today). Not that I mind the extra sales, but who needs a ******** for their Land Rover?:confused:

Perhaps my opinion of you would change if you could be more professional.

Maybe that's why I get more business?
http://johnsonrods.com

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an opinion on this. On one end we have B.F.H. who, yes, sells his adjustable rods, but also contributes to this forum with valuable information on topics OTHER than "rod mods" and tire fitment. On the other end we have Greg who has a good product to offer yes. But the only time we hear from him is when someone mentions something about thier suspension or running a certain size tire. Greg, if you are going to be a part of this cummunity, it would be nice if you would contribute to topics other than the tire and rod threads. Maybe we could get your views on Ham radio vs. CB for example. Otherwise you are just another guy pushing his product who could give a flip about the people on this forum.

Last edited:

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive:

I get the point and will endeavor to be more mainstream on other topics than just rods and tires.

Thanks,

Greg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward to your opinions Greg.

To Blackforestham: keep that wealth of info coming man, you are a big part of this forum!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM