Airing Down!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I posted this question in the wrong place a minute ago so here goes again. If I double posted I apologize.

Does anyone know if it is possible to tie into the air system (for the air suspension) in order to re inflate your tires after airing down for off road? I would think that this would be possible since I know that the Hummer H2 has this available. Kind of thought that this would be standard on a vehicle as capable as this but the dealer says it is not. Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Trevor

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought that would be a nice idea as well. Perhaps even automatically deflate/inflate your tires from the comfort of your driver's seat? :cool: But alas, it is not possible to tie into the compressor used for your suspension to do other stuff.

You can install another onboard compressor however, to use for inflating tires, powering air tools and the like. I prefer a portable one myself, and carry a Viair 440p in the back. But I've seen the same non-portable model mounted in the second/spare battery bay under the hood of other LR3's. Very clean and handy. But no automatic inflating mode that I've seen yet. :driver:

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought that would be a nice idea as well. Perhaps even automatically deflate/inflate your tires from the comfort of your driver's seat? :cool: But alas, it is not possible to tie into the compressor used for your suspension to do other stuff.

You can install another onboard compressor however, to use for inflating tires, powering air tools and the like. I prefer a portable one myself, and carry a Viair 440p in the back. But I've seen the same non-portable model mounted in the second/spare battery bay under the hood of other LR3's. Very clean and handy. But no automatic inflating mode that I've seen yet. :driver:

Yea, I am not really wanting to be able to do it from the cab (although that would be nice) but it seems a shame to have to go out and get another compressor when there is one on the truck already but I guess I will go with the portable unit. Do you know what the minimum tire pressure you can run or does this change with the terrain. I was getting a kid with a jeep out of the river today and ended up winching myself out for about 4 hours before I got both of us out and I think that with the lower air pressure I would have been able to stay on top of the sand and mud a little better. Went down just to have a look at the river and felt bad for the kid so I helped but I didn't think either of us was going to get out of that one!

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the posts lost in this thread was the recommended tire pressure for the Cooper Zeon LTZ's. What was that again? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak