Alarm system eyeroll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opened up the back gate to rearrange some cargo and fold up the middle row of seats. Since I was in the middle row of seats after all that, it seemed pretty natural to go out one of the rear doors instead of climbing over the back seat to get out the same way I came in.

BEEP BEEP BEEEEEP!

C'mon, LR...do you think thieves only use the side doors?? And you were aware enough of the presence of keys to let me IN in the first place!

:rolleyes:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you open the tailgate, the other doors remain locked. This is on purpose so someone can't walk up and get into your car when you're loading groceries or whatever... Soccer mom safety.

If you only open the tailgate, and then close it the car will re lock and you don't have to fumble with your key fob or run over and press any of the door buttons.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I guess I can see that, but...the alarm part? If the doors are locked, nobody is getting in without causing a ruckus Mom would notice anyway.

Anyway, gripe over...nothing to see here.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, also beware that if you accidentally throw your keys inside when only the tailgate is open, the car will still relock when you close the tailgate.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, also beware that if you accidentally throw your keys inside when only the tailgate is open, the car will still relock when you close the tailgate.
This is true. This is how my indy locked my keys in my car before so I could pick it up after hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV