Android phone - play music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the iPod cable to play music from my iPhone, including streaming Pandora. My iPhone has recently been lost/stolen. I'm thinking about going Android now. I have the 2011 LR4, so no bluetooth music streaming. What are my options?
- buy some type of bluetooth streaming device
- use the aux input
- any other alternatives?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delema of andrid devices, I'd love to figure this out too. I now loathe Apple... and have gone to the light side.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AUX input works just fine on mine (2011 LUX)....the phone is Motorolla Droid X2

Internet radio and Amazon Cloud drive music

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EASY! I use blackberry (bluetooth) music gateway. $20 - Works great! My HTC thunderbolt and any gingerbread android 2.3 or newer phone should be able to simultaneously handle 2 bluetooth connections; one to the LR for calls and the other for music. Music automatically pauses when a call comes in and resumes after hangup. I use one of these in the boat too.

minazaki

Reaction score
I recently switched from iPhone to Android myself.

I have a 2011 LR4 HSE (non-LUX) with premium audio.

Am I going crazy, here? I can not find an AUX input anywhere. I do have an option for AUX under Portable Audio on my head unit, but where is the actual input? Is it only included on the LUX trim level?

I feel like an idiot. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not find an AUX input anywhere. I do have an option for AUX under Portable Audio on my head unit, but where is the actual input?
I believe it's on the back side of the center console (going by memory but I've never actually used it).

OT... Which Android phone did you get? How do you like it?

minazaki

Reaction score
I believe it's on the back side of the center console (going by memory but I've never actually used it).

Thanks. I swear I looked everywhere. I will look again.

OT... Which Android phone did you get? How do you like it?

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for VZW. So far, no issues, I really like it.

I rooted it and I'm running a custom ROM/Kernel. If you're a tinkerer, the phone is great.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have to climb into the second row to see the Aux input. I have a 2011 Lux, so maybe it's different, but I'll look later when I'm in my car.

I'm on AT&T -- waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Hoping it'll arrive soon. I lost my iPhone 3GS a couple months ago. I'm now using a borrowed old iPhone 3G. It's sooooo slow I can't take it any more!

minazaki

Reaction score
You may have to climb into the second row to see the Aux input. I have a 2011 Lux, so maybe it's different, but I'll look later when I'm in my car.

I'm on AT&T -- waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Hoping it'll arrive soon. I lost my iPhone 3GS a couple months ago. I'm now using a borrowed old iPhone 3G. It's sooooo slow I can't take it any more!

FOUND IT! Thank you! Man I feel dumb.

The SGS3 looks awesome. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72