Another Coolant Leak - Occasional White Vapor at Idle? 2015 SCV6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtopkin

Reaction score
My 15' does the water vapor out the tail pipes quite a bit during colder temps. It's unnerving at first, but then I realize that's just how it is.

Here's a clip of my head gasket letting go the day after got it back from the shop for the "landroverworld.org cooling system preventative maintenance program", so you can compare. Ironically it was a foggy day but you'll clearly see the wispy white smokes floating up. $2200 worth of crossovers, water pump, thermostat, etc. then goes BOOM less than 24 hours later!

I'm beyond frustrated seeing all the coolant issues this forum is dealing with. It seems like its daily we have a new post about another coolant leak, etc. That's just not right.
What a bummer! Mine definitely doesn't look like that, and I've recently noticed it's only on cold days. More than likely something that's in my head knowing all the coolant horror stories on these trucks. Been monitoring the coolant level too over the last few weeks and haven't seen it drop at all.

I swear, similar to what another post on here said, these coolant issues are the only things about these cars that keep me up at night.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick