Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheWidup , the issue with the EcoBoost was overcoming the stigma that a V8 was always better than a V6. It is a novel and efficient design but I wouldn't call it cutting-edge in terms of technology.

An electric supercharger and a 48V electric system is an application of a new technology by, let's face it, a manufacturer not exactly known for their reliability in modern times. If I'm going to take this level of a technology plunge from JLR, I might as well just go all electric and wait for the 7-seat Rivian. I've got three years of CPO coverage before I really have to make that decision, lol.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The larger ecoboost engines seem to be better.
Yeah, the 3.5l (original) Ecoboost is a beast and takes a beating. In typical capitalistic fashion they rushed beyond the 3.5 and introduced the 2.7l and the 2.3l and the 1.9l without as much testing. If you ask me they're asking too much to shove a 2.7l into a F-150 but let's look at the consumer base. They don't load or tow anything for the most part so Ford sneaks it by as "fuel efficiency" but I think they played the short game on the returns and now they're in a pickle. Let's hope that LR proves to be a little more strategic than tactical...<yes, I snorted on that one>

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those wondering if a "sleeker" Defender is hiding underneath those chiseled hood and roof peices LR has on the mules, I think this may be the answer:

D5WyKsbWAAIeE4Q.jpg

D5W3OdKWAAE3Q_Z.jpg

Last edited:

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks exactly like what the LR5 SHOULD have been!! I kind of feel ripped off that D5 holds the visual heritage of absolutely no other Land Rover, and this new Defender looks like what we should have got in the Discovery lineup.. And now the new Defender has nearly NO characteristics of any Defender we have ever seen..

What the hell is going on at JLR?!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God, those stupid fawking dub wheels and small fawking wheel wells, too. That alone tells me that JLR just got rid of anyone who has a clue a long, long time ago.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God, those stupid fawking dub wheels and small fawking wheel wells, too. That alone tells me that JLR just got rid of anyone who has a clue a long, long time ago.

Land Rover isn't alone with the stupid low profile tires. First thing I did with our new Passport was install a set of 18" Ridgeline wheels and sell the 20" OEM wheels.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough @PaulLR3 but that's a Honda Passport....not a Land Rover Defender.

(nothing against the Passport, but it's not the re-make of a globally iconic off-roader)

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those wondering if a "sleeker" Defender is hiding underneath those chiseled hood and roof peices LR has on the mules, I think this may be the answer:

D5WyKsbWAAIeE4Q.jpg

D5W3OdKWAAE3Q_Z.jpg

That’s terrible! I was hopeful something of value was under the panels. That’s no defender! Surpsingly, it draws from the LR3/LR4 more than I thought it would- but not in the best of ways...

Although, I must say, this looks like a mock-up, so to me, still a flicker of hope- but not holding my breath.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut