Any changes in the LR4 over the last few years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rja3

Reaction score
FWIW, I've plugged a BlueTrip (Amazon) into the second row power/lighter port and then ran a simple aux (male to male) mini audio cable from the BT to the aux in port right next to it (again at the end of the center console in the second row). BT connects when the door is opened to my phone. Doesn't auto play like the newer LR proprietary systems do but otherwise has been simple and reliable connection for audio with no cable hassel to phone. You do have to select the AUX input on the audio selector. I've got a 2011 Lux LR4. Cheers.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've plugged a BlueTrip (Amazon) into the second row power/lighter port and then ran a simple aux (male to male) mini audio cable from the BT to the aux in port right next to it (again at the end of the center console in the second row). BT connects when the door is opened to my phone. Doesn't auto play like the newer LR proprietary systems do but otherwise has been simple and reliable connection for audio with no cable hassel to phone. You do have to select the AUX input on the audio selector. I've got a 2011 Lux LR4. Cheers.

rja3, that hookup and operation sounds very similar to that of my Kinivo device. The Tune2air is interesting because it only needs to connect via the proprietary cable and port inside the center console. I would rather not have stuff connected on those back exposed ports. I'm always thinking that someone is going to kick and break something back there.

If I can be convinced that sound quality of Tune2air streamed music is equal or better than the Kinivo, I may give it a try. I would then just use the built-in LR BT for phone calls. Bingo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo