Anyone have an ARB bull bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a dealer, a body shop or 4-wheel drive shop install it? Buy it through them as well? Also curious as to the cost of installation.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB fitment problem apparently solved

Jeesh- hate talking to myself here, but I gathered some information I thought I'd share. Some time ago there was discussion on at least 2 other forums about a fitment problem with the left impact absorber/mounting bracket for Aussie-made ARB bull/winch bars on North American trucks. (See http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic3490.html?highlight=) . Before attempting my own install, I emailed ARB USA to find out if this problem had been corrected. They say it has been fixed for about 18 months. Their customer service was very prompt (an answer in about an hour) and helpful. I'm looking forward to the challenge of mounting this baby this weekend. The bar just got back from being powder coated to match my truck and looks damn fine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered one from one back in November and won't have it until end of march, it was suppose to be in mid January. Can't wait till it gets here, however I am having one of by local shops do the install.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from 4x4connection on Jan 9 and received it in about a week. I had a friend who owns a body shop sub out the powder coat, but he was nervous about doing the install (maybe he knows something I don't). But I have had the bumper coverr off of my LR3 before and from the ARB instruuctions it does not look like such a hard job. I like this sort of tinkering, so I'm going to try it. I think the hardest part will be getting the fender flares back on, but I can let my body shop friend help me if I get stuck there, since they do that sort of thing all the time.

colleyt

Reaction score
what is a good price for a bull bar and rocker bars?

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. The ARB bull/winch bumper runs about $1200 for the parts after including shipping. Not sure what shops charge. Maybe Gerald K. can help there. Have not prices rocker bars.

Robert Page

Reaction score
I just installed an ARB Bull Bar on a 99 D2 and an 05 LR3. No real issues. The directions forget a few things, like removing some plastic blocks on the LR3, but overall it went really well. Both have been winched off of and the D2 has been removed using a ****** strap off the tow points. Neither has bent or shifted.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am excited that I finally have my new ARB bar, winch and driving lights installed and ready to roll. I had the bar powder coated before installing it myself. The color is not an exact match, but it's pretty good and the durable finish will be worth it. I just didn't like the look in factory black. If I did this right, here it is, all shiny and new:
dbjyva.jpg

2ew1kzm.jpg

b5o0hh.jpg

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, that looks really nice ! I think that powder coating it was a really good move. I wonder how a Black one would look on my Black LR3...?

I'm assuming that the main advantage of the ARB Bull Bar and bumper is that it can take abuse...what else? It doesn't mess up the airbag operation?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635