Anyone have an ARB bull bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB Bars are advertised as "air-bag compatible." The bar mounts to the same frame points as the original OE bumber bar under the plastic bumper cover. The brackets which fit to the frame rails and onto which the bumper mounts, have crumple zones to absorb impact before transmitting force of impact to the frame rails (sharp impact to which depolys the front airbags). It all looks like the air bags should work same as with the original bumper. Again, ARB's advertising states they have crash tested their product to insure air bag functionality. I would not have mounted the ARB without this information.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who distributes the Kaymar for the LR3 in the US? (Meaning, where did you get it)

It was primarily a toyota 4x4 supplier - i can't recall the name now. they are on the west coast though. NWoods on here might know another supplier or that one.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, so I am guessing if you call them they can order one for the LR3.

I think they have intermittent availability and being that they are Toyota dudes - they aren't exactly too interested in having lots in stock for rovers....

I got lucky though and one was there with the tire and jerry can holder and they were very nice and speedy truck shipping directly to the shop where I had the other stuff done.
I installed the Kaymar myself though as it is pretty simple.

You're supposed to use the land rover rear mud flaps though to interface b/n the body/wheel well and the steel end of the bumper or else there will be a huge gap that looks weird.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boye1