Anyone running 20" BFG KO2 without mods? And, there's a new BFG 20" tire option.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tires and it fits with the hitch there. Maybe with the hitch on you can't maneuver it into place correctly?

RyanRR

Reaction score
I have the same tires and it fits with the hitch there. Maybe with the hitch on you can't maneuver it into place correctly?
That could be, I tried lifting the front in first while my wife handled the winch, then tried putting the back of the tire up first.

Either way, it wouldn't go up with the hitch in place. Unfortunately it looks like that hitch is married to the truck and isn't going to come off without a fight.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sometimes have to smack the hitch with the palm of your hand or even a hammer to get it out at the same time as you've got the oval ****/lever thing turned all the way open.

EDIT: I guess the word k n o b is censored. This is ridiculous.

RyanRR

Reaction score
About two years ago I lost my key to the hitch but ordered a new locking mechanism with keys. You have to remove lock mechanism and provide a code that is on the hitch lock. Cost about $50
https://www.bputah.com/LR3/Land_Range_Rover_Sport_LR3_LR4_Tow_Hitch_Receiver_Lock_Key.html

Good to know, I may have to do that!

I also emptied about 90% of the air out of the spare and it fits up in the normal spot. I plan on disabling that single TPMS sensor if possible (and leave the others), and just plan on filling it up when needed with the air compressor I carry in my vehicles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA