ARB dual compressor mounting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callin

Reaction score
Well, I had hoped to get some good in-use photos or videos of the ARB on my week-long trip to Trestle bike park, but I used it exactly zero times. Somehow escaped several full days of hitting technical black trails on my mountain bike without blowing a tire (I suppose recently installing cushcore helped). And while I had planned on hitting some offroad trails deeper into Colorado (probably near Crested Butte), we just elected to spend the whole week in Winter Park so that I could wear my *** out mountain biking there instead.

I did use it at home before the trip to check the air in all my tires, but that was boring driveway footage.

I thought it at least would get turned on to air up my wife's standup paddleboard, but she wanted to practice using her manual pump so that she can be confident with it if she ever goes somewhere by herself.

Sad trombone noises.

Anyway, I'll do a "finished" video soon to polish this topic off.
thanks for the update. looking forward to the video!

callin

Reaction score
Well, I had hoped to get some good in-use photos or videos of the ARB on my week-long trip to Trestle bike park, but I used it exactly zero times. Somehow escaped several full days of hitting technical black trails on my mountain bike without blowing a tire (I suppose recently installing cushcore helped). And while I had planned on hitting some offroad trails deeper into Colorado (probably near Crested Butte), we just elected to spend the whole week in Winter Park so that I could wear my *** out mountain biking there instead.

I did use it at home before the trip to check the air in all my tires, but that was boring driveway footage.

I thought it at least would get turned on to air up my wife's standup paddleboard, but she wanted to practice using her manual pump so that she can be confident with it if she ever goes somewhere by herself.

Sad trombone noises.

Anyway, I'll do a "finished" video soon to polish this topic off.

Did you ever get it all sorted out? How's it working?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's working fine, although I haven't used it much since I installed it.

I need to figure out if patching it into the rear seat heater fuse actually accomplished what I wanted it to. Seems like the ARB switch always turns on the compressor. I haven't tested it too thoroughly and let the vehicle get well out of accessory mode before trying to turn on the switch, though. The switch is in a location where it's very unlikely to be accidentally switched on, so I'm not too concerned about that function.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last year, I've used the compressor here and there and have found it extremely handy. I've never gone back and redone the wiring. There's a chance that one day I install a Switchpro or something similar, so may wait until then before I start cutting the wires.

The few times I've driven on the trails I've aired down to about 18 psi on my 265/65/18 BFG ATs on Defender steelies. My ARB is just the single unit and not the twin, so it is not the fastest thing out there, but it airs the tires back up fine. My spare is at about 6 psi to fit in the stock location, so the compressor is mandatory if using the spare (only used it for tire rotation so far).

It's pretty slow when I've used it to air up my wife's paddle board. Paddle board is supposed to be at 15 psi. I tried the ARB exclusively once and it took a while, and got pretty hot in the process. Better solution is to use a speed inflator she has that can get it at least full of air (with not much pressure), then use the ARB to get it from about 2 psi up to 15.

Use it often to check air in my wife's and my tires.

Plan on one day installing the emergency kit for the air suspension. ARB will be used for that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut