At Long Last... Modern head unit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lose all the factory functions though, right?
I keep meaning to post this, but I just did this a couple of weeks ago. I’m pretty sure I’m the first one in the country or world with a single din floating unit on a LR4. 2 weeks after asking Spiral Audio if they had a single din kit, it magically appeared on their website, and I jumped on it. Now I’m rocking a 9” Pioneer floating head unit

Bronco1

Reaction score
Yep! You could do a single din, double din, like the OP, or the single din floating unit, like me. I was deciding between the Alpine and the Pioneer. I went with the Pioneer because it had a USB-C connection on it.

modesto_man

Reaction score
Nice! Just to be clear, you can no longer adjust all the other settings previously adjustable from the original touch screen? The kit info says it maintains access to those functions. See screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-072714_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-072714_Chrome.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 69

Bronco1

Reaction score
Nice! Just to be clear, you can no longer adjust all the other settings previously adjustable from the original touch screen? The kit info says it maintains access to those functions. See screen shot.
I don’t know how it’s possible to retain the vehicle information from the previous radio. I still have factory backup sensors, camera, and steering wheel controls. Maybe if you bought some android unit, but I bought a Pioneer.

drivrswntd

Reaction score
I don’t know how it’s possible to retain the vehicle information from the previous radio. I still have factory backup sensors, camera, and steering wheel controls. Maybe if you bought some android unit, but I bought a Pioneer.

Does your phone buttons on the steering wheel still work? Can you provide the part # of the Pioneer unit you used?

Bronco1

Reaction score
Does your phone buttons on the steering wheel still work? Can you provide the part # of the Pioneer unit you used?
I’ve never used the phone buttons, so I don’t know. It has wireless CarPlay, so I just say “hey Siri, call so and so”. I bought the Pioneer 7600NEX. But any single DIN floating unit would work. Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood

mccurdy21

Reaction score
I keep meaning to post this, but I just did this a couple of weeks ago. I’m pretty sure I’m the first one in the country or world with a single din floating unit on a LR4. 2 weeks after asking Spiral Audio if they had a single din kit, it magically appeared on their website, and I jumped on it. Now I’m rocking a 9” Pioneer floating head unit!View attachment 21852
Has anyone done this on a 2016 LR4 with the multi camera view? Might have to try it!

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep meaning to post this, but I just did this a couple of weeks ago. I’m pretty sure I’m the first one in the country or world with a single din floating unit on a LR4. 2 weeks after asking Spiral Audio if they had a single din kit, it magically appeared on their website, and I jumped on it. Now I’m rocking a 9” Pioneer floating head unit!View attachment 21852
How's it working out after the first year? Anything you'd do differently?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV