At Long Last... Modern head unit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Looks like I'm SOL. When my bluetooth module was cutting in and out it didn't complete the fiber loop. Was hoping I'd just overhaul the system instead. Anyhow I coughed up the $$ for a stupid bluetooth module to have music.

etarasoff

Reaction score
This thread is getting a little old now but hopefully someone’s still watching. Does anyone know if the Spiral Audio option gives you the ability to retain the on-dash volume knob, track selection, clock thing? I’d like to keep that for aesthetics and because volume knobs are good…and run a floating aftermarket radio where the screen is now.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i got confused with the different ones, here is what im trying to differentiate:

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered the Naviplus carplay addon before, but decided I'm just going to stick with the stock setup. Those massive screens look out of place in our vehicles.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep playing around with the idea of adding carplay to my car. Right now I have the LR4 center dash cell phone mount from pro-clip. But it does look tacked on, and since the phone slightly goes into the airflow of the vent, it seems to be redirecting the airflow into the air temperature sensor, which in winter means the car thinks it is warmer inside than it actually is.

I think this form-factor might be the best mix of improved visibility but not so large it is out of place in our interior.

lr4carplay.jpg

Last edited:

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a naviplus style add-in, I just wish the sound quality was better. I contemplated getting a different screen but meh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72