back up camera isn't working and "park aid unavailable" banner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
LR4 2013- i've had this intermittent problem and have been to both a LR dealer and a local repair shop that works on RR/LR. the camera doesn't work when placed in reverse as it should, and i get the banner noted above on my screen. the dealer said it just had to be reset, worked for a few days then stopped. went back to the dealer and the same thing was told to me. worked for a few days then the battery died. when we replaced the battery- the camera and park assist worked fine for a few weeks. then the same problem occurred. brought it to the local guy who said that a code needed to be cleared. done and worked for a few days. then stopped again. brought it back to him and was told there was moisture (white residue) in the rear camera and that was causing the problem. bit the bullet and paid for new rear camera. worked for 3 days and then stopped. brought it back to the local guy who said that now there's moisture(same white residue) in the front camera and also one there was a code for one of the front sensors. according to this guy i should replace the two front cameras and all the sensors. whoa. not sure i'm gonna go that route. incidentally today there is an alarm and there's a small red warning on the console that says that the passenger airbag is off. what on earth is going on here. does this sound familiar to anyone? i would love some advice as i am a senior grandma who loves her LR4 and i want everything to work properly in it.

allegro

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? Our 2012 LR4 has been at a shop for a couple months for a front end collision repair, and the final issues the shop is facing are:
- passenger airbag not working (shop says “it’s not deployed, but has high resistance”)
- rear back up camera not working

I don’t want to have them start replacing cameras and air bag units if it’s not sure to fix the issue... and your story gives me pause!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72