Bluetooth Phones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dwct

milklet said:
Dear dwct,

You're a lifesaver! I pulled the battery on my blackberry, did the reset, and now everything is working just fine again. Unbelievable. Thank you so much.
rachel

Great! What model BlackBerry do you have? It seems like your model is working better then mine.

M

milklet

thanks again.
I'm using blackberry model 7290 (with at&t service in los angeles).

N

nycrr

I am having no luck with my 05 and a blackberry 7100, and the dealer is useless; "I dunno, it should work!" The telephone is recognizing the vehicle for the bluetooth connection, but the screen on my 05 never changes from PHONE NOT FITTED. Any suggestions?

S

SteveA

Read the earlier information that I wrote. Land Rover does not say that all bluetooth devices will be recognized by the vehicle. In fact there are only a few that Land Rover has said are fully compatible with their system. You can see that some people are having success with devices that are not certified by Land Rover and some people that are not. That is why they don't say all devices will work. Right now Land Rover has only certified 6 phones to work with the system. If you have one that is not on that list that works, you're lucky. If it doesn't work and it's not on the list, Land Rover will probably not help.

Unfortunately, right now, there is no techinical information from Land Rover that will help with your problem, and there may never be. It seems like alot of people are being misinformed about Land Rover's bluetooth systems compatibility.

Stephen

M

markson

6230 With Bluetooth

I have an 05 RR and am using a Nokia 6230 -- right out of the compatibility book. I use both Bluetooth and the cradle. My general impression is that the phone integration is not entirely stable. I am curious if other people have had similar experiences:

o The phone integration has crashed a couple of times (requiring me to pull the fuse to reset it)
o The phone will often hang with "sim not present" after removing it from the cradle
o Often, the phone won't connect via bluetooth. If I put it in the cradle, it will work. After removing it from the cradle, it will connect via bluetooth

Good news: Once it connects, the bluetooth tends to be solid

It's not the phone, I replaced that once. LR told me that only some ancient (and unavailable) firmware is officially supported. I'm going to go and have the PTI reflashed to see if that helps. My guess is that the PTI firmware and the phone firmware are buggy and interact in wierd ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nycrr

Ok, I gave in to the Nokia monopoly on the RR compatibility. Someone at Land Rover must have a lovely weekend home in Finland! Had to discard two 6 month old phones for the new Nokia 6230i. Great phone, nd right out of the box it linked with my Bluetooth in the car. However, the only thing it does when I put it in the cradle is charge, there is no phone hookup, no full functionality, so must use it in the bluetooth mode. Also, about 1 out of 3 times I get into the car there is no Bluetooth hookup, only the message 'phone not fitted'. So I take a walk, take the battery out of the phone, take the keys out of the car, and voila, it integrates when I return. Don't undertand the problem....HELP!
Also, for those frustrated owners of Blackberry 7100's (of wich I am one), the new 7290 from T-Mobile integrates with the 05 RR....Hence, 2 new phones!
I guess RIMM had to decorate the home in Finland.

S

shaung

Hi
My old man got a new range rover sport.
It has bluetooth but I cant get my nokia to pair with it.
It needs a passphrase and we have not been provided with one.
Does anyone know if there is a default code or where we can get one?

We are in the UK

Cheers

R

raysamii

I have an 06 range rover and the code was either 2121 or 1212.

R

RRS1

I am having the similar problem with my Blackberry 7290 integrating via Bluetooth in the Range Rover Sport SC.
- Once I am connected, it works fine. But it will not connect properly each time I get in the Rover.
- If I turn off Bluetooth on 7290 BlackBerry and turn it on each time I get in the car and force it to connect, it seems to work fine. But If I just leave Bluetooth on and have it pair back up automatically, it will connect, but when I place a call from the Rover, it will make the call on the phone, but the audio is not playing on the Rover hands free, just the phone.

Further to this I am also having issues with call waiting feature (to take the second incoming call while talking on phone), while I am on the call and try to take another call by using the blackberry the system hags up on both calls and keeps displaying the second number on the radio screen (it gets frozen).

Anyone has a fix for these issues so far?

Thanks in advance.

R

raysamii

Rover phones

I picked this up today from the dealer; a list of bluetooth and cradle approved phones.

Attachments

• Saturday, July 23, 2005 (2) (2).jpg
    Saturday, July 23, 2005 (2) (2).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 207

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo