Bluetooth Phones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dwct

I am just wondering if anyone is using the Bluetooth in the 05 with their cell phone? I have a Treo 650 which I understand does not work correctly with the Rover at this time. If anyone is using Bluetooth, what phones are you using?

dwct

F

FriscoKid04

You need to have one of the four Nokia phones in order for it to work.

There is a cradle that sells that will allow the phone to be charged while drving and access all the phone's ability.

If you need more info let me know.

[email protected]

D

dwct

I think the Nokia requirement is for the cradle, not for Bluetooth use. I picked up a BlackBerry 7100g this week and it's working with the Rover's Bluetooth. I can answer calls as well as make calls. The only Bluetooth feature that the 7100g does not support is transferring it's address book to the car.

M

milklet

dwct said:
I think the Nokia requirement is for the cradle, not for Bluetooth use. I picked up a BlackBerry 7100g this week and it's working with the Rover's Bluetooth. I can answer calls as well as make calls. The only Bluetooth feature that the 7100g does not support is transferring it's address book to the car.
Dear dwct,

I hope you can help me, as you seem to be the only one on the web who is pairing their blackberry with their Rover's bluetooth. For the last two weeks, I've had no problem making and answering calls, and, like you, not have the address book transfer is no big deal. But suddenly, two days ago, my blackberry stopped communicating with my rover. The rover screen just says "phone not fitted" and my blackberry tries to find the rover but I keep getting the message "signal dropped". Any suggestions? Maybe resetting something in the rover or blackberry? I'm desperate!!
Thanks
rachel

L

LandRover501

Hey -

I just picked up an 05 Rover and I am having all kinds of BT problems. I have a Nextel Blackberry 7520.

It actually connects very easily. the problem is that it also diconnects very easily too!

From one call to the next it will either work or not work . It seems to always stay connected to the car but what will happen is that the call will not transmit over the speakers and I can not dial from the car keypad.

Worse still all of this seems to be affecting thee stero. When things rweally go haywire, like this AM, the bluetooth problem causes my stereo to loose all of it's preset stations or pick up entirely new ones.

This only happens when I use the phone with the car.

I guess what I would like to know is there one phone that is approved out there? If so why wasn't I told this up front.

S

SteveA

The problems you are having is exactly why Land Rover has only given their approval to 5 bluetooth-capable phones. They are: Nokia 3620 (ATT, cingular), Nokia 6230 (cingular), Nokia 6600 (T-Mobile), S.E. T610 (T-Mobile) and Motorola V600 (ATT). Only 3 are approved for use with the cradle, Nokia 3100, 6200 and 6230.

The problems are due to the multiple profiles used for bluetooth. Land Rover uses HPF 1.0, and not all manufacturers sue the same. It is possible to have a bluetooth phone that does not have a profile compatible with the Range Rover. I suspect that is what is going on with the Blackberry devices.

I have no first hand knowledge of the Blackberry 7420, but at this time it is NOT an approved bluetooth device for use in your Range Rover. If you want FULL compatibility with your phone, you must use one of the 5 devices Land Rover recommends.

I suppose the only person that you can blame for not being told this is your salesperson.

Stephen

D

dwct

Since my first post I have discovered that it's not working as well as I originally thought. Once connected, it works fine as I previously stated, but I am also seeing that it will not connect properly each time I get in the Rover. If I have Bluetooth off on my 7100g BlackBerry and turn it on each time I get in the car and force it to connect, it seems to work fine. If I just leave Bluetooth on and have it pair back up automatically, it will connect, but when I place a call from the Rover, it will make the call on the phone, but the audio is not playing on the Rover hands free, just the phone.

I understand that Rover has an approved list according to the previous poster, but I also think they need to work on expanding that list. None of the above are PDA/data devices and a number of us don't carry voice centric devices any more. We carry Treo's, BlackBerry's and Windows Mobile devices.

ctdw

D

dwct

milklet said:
Dear dwct,

But suddenly, two days ago, my blackberry stopped communicating with my rover. The rover screen just says "phone not fitted" and my blackberry tries to find the rover but I keep getting the message "signal dropped". Any suggestions?
rachel

I would first try and reset the device (pull the battery on your typical BlackBerry). If that does not work, then try removing the Bluetooth listing for the Rover on your BlackBerry and pair it up again. Either way, you may have other issues (see my other posting) come up.

M

milklet

try

I'll try resetting the whole blackberry (I've already tried deleting the device and replacing it about a hundred times -- no luck.)
I'm calling my rr dealer today, but as I'm sure you know, the service depts. are pretty clueless when it comes to bluetooth, etc.
Because it was working perfectly for me a week ago, I'm starting to feel like something need to be reset in the car itself.
We'll see...
thanks
rachel

M

milklet

Dear dwct,

You're a lifesaver! I pulled the battery on my blackberry, did the reset, and now everything is working just fine again. Unbelievable. Thank you so much.
rachel

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72