Bunch of error codes. Alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had alternator issues until >120K miles and/or >10 years. I'll be doing preventive cooling system work this fall at 8 years and <50k miles. Is it insane to consider an alternator replacement that early "while I'm there"?

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that too, after I ordered from FCPeuro. Ill consider the FCp markup due to their lifetime warrenty.

Also, the replacement alternator FCP sent me was damaged. the electrical connection was cracked. the harness still seats ok, and I packed it with dielectric grease to make sure it doesn't corrode. but due to the incorrect part shipment, long ship time, and damaged 2nd part...FCP refunded me for the purchase and told me to keep the part since it was already installed.

while it took a while, FCP was great to work with. definitly recommend them.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 125kmi / 11 years (2010 model), so I'm getting one to put on the shelf. I may replace it proactively before going on a long trip out of town. So far, my original is fine. I wouldn't replace an original with only 50kmi, it likely has at least another 50k of life left, if not longer.

I rarely buy from AHAZ, they often are not price-competitive. FCP is top-notch to work with. I sometimes order from FCP for their lifetime warranty, but I figure by the time this new Denso fails, either the truck won't be alive, or I won't. (Or at least, I won't own it!)

:p

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 125kmi / 11 years (2010 model), so I'm getting one to put on the shelf. I may replace it proactively before going on a long trip out of town. So far, my original is fine. I wouldn't replace an original with only 50kmi, it likely has at least another 50k of life left, if not longer.

Thx. I was thinking the same. And yeah, I'd have an alternator ready to go with that age + mileage. Maybe its presence will bring Karma and keep your current alternator good for another 5 years. :D

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update. Jaguar p/n C2D42135 was also supposed to be Denso DAN-1103, and I found AuthausAZ had them for ~$250 including shipping, no tax. Ordered Monday, arrived today, it looks correct. They have since increased the price to $270 delivered ($261 + $9 flat rate shipping, no tax), but that's still lower than anywhere else I've found. Shipped from an SSF warehouse in CA. Oddly, AHAZ shows the LR part number for $20 more despite it being the same Denso part number.

Photos coming soon.

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/DE-T2H15686
Photos attached for future reference.

Denso_DAN1103_03.jpg

Denso_DAN1103_05.jpg

Denso_DAN1103_07.jpg

Denso_DAN1103_09.jpg

Denso_DAN1103_10.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads