Bushings and Lower Control Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the issue with bushings and lower control arms for the new LR4s been resolved, or is this still an issue. Bushings going out at 55k is a major issue that just should not happen on a vehicle that is designed for off road.

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
My Indy mech said mine are going when he did the brakes a couple weeks ago. I am only at 21k.

Bushings are a 100k type thing for most cars in my opinion.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went out at 58k. Thankfully, my extended warranty paid for my bushings and control arm. I was told it's a common problem with the lr4 along with the water pump, which I had replaced at 50k...also under warranty.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
44K miles and no problems so far....

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the service guys check my bushings every time I'm in for warranty work. This particular dealership is trigger-happy when it comes to "finding" things to work on or replace under warranty. For instance I was recently in for some repair to my 3rd row seats (the plastic piece that makes the seat belt receiver fold flat when seats are stowed). When I picked up the vehicle I was informed that they had also replaced my battery because it was testing "marginal".

My point is that if there was the slightest sign of wear on my bushings, I'm pretty sure they would have leapt at the chance to replace them.

On a sadder note, I will probably be departing the land of the warranty-endowed sometime this week:

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 19

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a sadder note, I will probably be departing the land of the warranty-endowed sometime this week:

LOL, mine would have read more like "sometime this afternoon". I hit the 50K exactly 18 months into my ownership. My front bushings were replaced at 45K miles under warranty.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit the 50K exactly 18 months into my ownership. My front bushings were replaced at 45K miles under warranty.

I do recall reading about your ravenous hunger for miles. Surprised you didn't have to install bushings in your odometer, as fast as it was thrashing and spinning. :biggrin:

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right before my warranty was up they replaced mine also, yet this just yells out a design defect that apparently the replacement does not address or have they improved the bushings, I am finding nothing about a design change to the control arms and bushing. Also aftermarket upgrades are just little to non existent for the suspension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM