Bushings and Lower Control Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for fairly light off road and typical use bushings should not fail like this. Brakes are another issue with this, at 120k I am on my 2nd set, I did all the rotors (again) since I did it all myself and saved 500.

The bushing issue needs to be addressed and the small breaks.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky if only two sets of brakes in 120k, that is amazing for any LR.

On a separate note, any idea if they changed the bushings/control arms for the LR4 from the LR3 parts? I still have the originals on our LR3 with over 70k miles on it.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21,000 miles and my lower control arm bushings had been replaced. ( covered under warranty). I do take my truck off road regularly.

pharden

Reaction score
And wheel bearings

In addition to replacing the bushings, I had to replace both front wheel bearings on my wife's LR4. One was replaced at 55k and the other at 70k. I was very surprised both wheel bearing went out so soon.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for fairly light off road and typical use bushings should not fail like this. Brakes are another issue with this, at 120k I am on my 2nd set, I did all the rotors (again) since I did it all myself and saved 500.

The bushing issue needs to be addressed and the small breaks.

Two sets of brakes in 120k miles is quite good.
I have had two sets in 75k miles and many others have had two sets within 50k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635