Camera issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two different trips to the dealer for the same issue. First week parts are on national backorder. Second week??? I litteraly think they forgot about my truck being there. I'm not sure they would be done with it now if I wouldn't have called about it twice last week.

I'm heading to the dealer today after I leave the office to pick up my LR4. I'm seriously ****** off at my dealer expierence so far. There was no communication last week unless I started it. You can't tell me the parts are in and then expect me to think it will take 4 days to fix. Then tell me it will be done no later than Thursday and yet finish it Monday morning the following week.

If it takes this ling to fix the camers, I pray I never have a really big failure of something important.

Rob

DeathByCactus

Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in here, I have a brand new 2011 HSE, just put 1k miles on it with a road trip this past weekend. Got a camera warning around 850 miles or so.

Right front, out pretty much constantly
Left front varies
Sides flash blue on powerup
Rear flashes blue occasionally.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!

My 2011 LR4 is scheduled in the shop this week, will keep you posted. The plan is for them to enable the Tow Assist feature, since they did not do it when they installed the tow electrics, and then to have a look at my camera troubles (two blue screens plus one intermittent).

I wish they would read these forums, because from talking with them on the phone I get the impression that I know more about both these issues than they do... Hopefully things work out - will let you know.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my LR4 back last night after I left the office. The cameras seem to be working, but I can't say 100%.

As I drove to work this morning I had the camera screen up so I could watch for any of them to turn blue. None of them turned blue, but the images for the cameras that got the new overlay looked pixily and distorted. The drivers side front also faded in and out to where it was almost black.

The condtions I observed them under were: light out but before the sun came out to cast any shadows. The street lights were off and no oncoming trafic. Light influences should have been minimal at best.

At lunch today, the cameras seem to function as normal.

I'm still upset with my whole dealer expirience. This early into ownership of a $60k vehicle I shouldn't have anything other than wonderful service. It has really tarnished my ownership joy that I had just a few weeks ago.

Rob

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the cameras on my 2011 RR HSE but did not. My sales guy talked me out of it. Maybe I'm glad he did?

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the cameras on my 2011 RR HSE but did not. My sales guy talked me out of it. Maybe I'm glad he did?
Naw, you should have. Just think what a time saver they are.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you should have gotten it. They are finally getting the system work as it should by replace all cables to the new design. I expect to not have this problem again for long time... knock on wood.

What people don't realize is that it's not just rear cam on standard model plus 4 more additional cams.

Rear cam on vision assist package (aka surround camera) system is totally different then rear cam on standard trim on how image is projected on the screen and active guide line vs fixed guide line.

Regular rear cam shows fixed guide lines but distorted to wide angle fish eye view. This means straight lines are all shown as arched lines on screen.
Surround camera rear cam shows digitally corrected image, straight line shows straight, active guide line is very accurate. I can use this to back into a very tight spot all just looking at the screen only or line up the car to the side curb with just an inch to spare and not getting any curb rash on the wheel. Very cool and love it dispute several issues.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
I certainly understand the fish eye on the standard rear camera..It is a bit disappointing. I haven't had my truck for very long & will check out the distance accuracy soon.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just assumed it worked the same way on the standard model. I have only been in my LR4 and didn't realize they had a different system for the non-LUX Plus or vission assist package vs. the stand dard rear camera.

Rob

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same camera issue but dealer found out that it's due to defective camera wiring harness. It took about 2 weeks to order and now my cameras are perfect. simple dealer fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM