Camera issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Update on my LR4: (2 cameras dead, another intermittent)

Dealer has ordered the 'wiring harness overlay' for my front-left and rear cameras. It is backordered so I don't know when they will install it, but will update you when it happens.

I asked if they could just install the new overlay harness on ALL the cameras, since others already show occassional signs of failure (in particular the passenger-side-mirror). But nope, they will only repair the ones where they can reproduce a fault.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine "fixed" because the left front camera was getting the blue screen a lot -- probably more than 50% of the time. Since the fix, I've driven the car for 3 days and had the blue screen only once (I try and remember to put it on camera each time I start the car to test). So it's better but definitely not fixed.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Update: My LR4 went in Monday morning for the harness overlay fix. (two cameras dead). They say it is a massive job. End of the second day, and at present the front bumper is off, both front seats are out, the headliner is removed, ... looks like the car exploded. I hope after all this it actually fixes the problem!

Will keep you posted -

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my trips to the dealer to get the camera issue fixed, my cameras have been working as they should. They had to pull my headliner, seats and bumper too. Everything looks good since the overlay.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my camera is not fixed. I took it in the beginning of March and they kept it overnight -- so 2 days. Prior to taking it in, the front left camera would blue screen over 50% of the time. Now it's more like 15% or 20%. So it's better but still not fixed. :hmpf:

mrtp4

Reaction score
Done!

Here's an update - my cameras seem to be fixed now!

I had two blue screens on my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux w/ vision: front left (constant blue), and rear (intermittent). I brought my truck in this Monday morning, and they gave me an LR2 loaner. I picked it up yesterday (Thursday), and all cameras now seem to be working fine.

They installed the overlay, which is a pretty major job - they recorded 13 hours of labor to complete it, including removal of the front bumper, headliner, front seats, then snaking in this overlay. But thankfully it seems to have fixed my problems. And they were very clean, no oily fingerprints on the headliner or anything.

So overall I'm still disappointed that LR would keep selling a system with a known issue like this. But at least glad they took care of fixing it.

Joanne

Reaction score
A week after I got my 2010 LR4, I got a blue screen on one camera. I was too busy to take it in and also since it only happened when the car got hot or sat in the sun. Finally 7 months later one day all the cameras went blue screen and the dealer replaced the fiberoptic relay which needed to be special ordered and the truck to be 'exploded.' Everything is perfect now. Love it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM