Camera issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My truck has seen 9 days in the shop to fix the camera issue. I had the driver side front camera , the passanger side mirror and the rear camera all showing blue. My truck was in the shop for 5 days two weeks ago where they diagnosed the issue and ordered parts that ended up being on national back-order. Now that the parts are in, they have had my truck since last Saturday. I will hopefully get the truck back today and I will report if I have any further issues with the cameras.

Rob

mrtp4

Reaction score
Please keep us posted. Strange, but I have EXACTLY the same camera issues as you:

- Driver side front camera is constant blue
- Passenger side mirror camera is intermittently blue
- Rear camera is intermittently blue
- The others seem to work fine so far

Mine is booked in the shop this Friday, but I don't have my hopes up that they will actually find/fix anything on the spot.

Matt

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no call from the dealership that my truck is done. But they did let me know that to fix the rear camera, they have to drop the headliner of the truck. The cable runs from the controler under the front seat, up the side under the trim to the headliner.

I wonder how bad my headlinder will look after all those dirty hands get oil on it...

weingarm

Reaction score
I've read on these forums that the issue with the cameras is the wiring they used in the 2010 LR4 models. When the wires were threaded around "bends" (around corners under the headliner or under the floor, for example) they sometimes got bent too tightly. This messes up the signal and gives you the blue screen. The fix essentially involves relaxing all the tight bends in the wiring. I heard that Land Rover chose a different supplier for wiring in the 2011 LR4s which should prevent the problem entirely.

Hey crewcabrob and mrtp4:
Do you have a 2010 or 2011 model?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats exactally the issue. It sounds like they either replace the cables or put an external jacket on to strengthen the cable so it won't kink.

I have a 2010.

Rob

Last edited:

mrtp4

Reaction score
Mine is a 2011... Just bought it in November, currently only has 5,500 km (~ 3,500 miles).

Matt

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. My LR4 is still in the shop. Won't see it until Monday. That's 16 days in the shop to fix the camera issue.

Rob

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would dealership need to keep your car for 16 days?

In my cases, total 3 days in span of 7 month but it's fixed.
I had to make several trips but each trip, lasted no more then a day. First time, they diagnosed bad wiring (front left blue and right flickering). Sent me home same day and ordered the parts. Parts arrived few month later. Installed in same day but while testing, same issue and diagnosed it as bad ECU. ECU ordered and couple month later, another trip but lasted few hours to install the ECU. Now rear camera is acting up. Part back ordered again, few weeks later, in again and out in same day. Total days in the shop, 3 days and issue has been completely fixed. Service tech said Land Rover realized it's more then the wiring routing issue and they had to change the wiring supplier and redesign them. Now it's been couple month and all 5 cameras are working perfectly. They said same problem in 2011 models built before the supplier change.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
I understand they have had MANY issues with pinched or crimped video cables coming from the factory on the new 2011 HSE's before the "change".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM