Can a 2013 LR4 be upgraded to Heavy Duty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent 9 months finding my LR4 with the HD package (Plus a few other criteria)

I never got the color I wanted, but ended up loving the Corris Grey.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the old thread on this with a claim that they managed to use the stock rear locker and upgrade a 2012...
https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/rear-locker.30820/page-2#post-206494

The tl;dr on it for most: If you want HD, find one and buy it.

Right after that thread was posted I found a salvage LR4 with the HD package down in Texas using car-part.com. I almost pulled the trigger on the parts, but didn't.

Anyway, it would be the only way I'd go this route. Wouldn't be worth the money to buy all this stuff new from Land Rover.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might hate me for this but when I bought my 2013 two years ago, I had no idea it was an HD. I knew what the HD package was but never bothered looking for one and figured I'd be OK without it. The owner included the window sticker and I looked at it 3 days after I bought it and oh hey, HD package! Then, found the 4x4 screen and oh man look at that, rear diff lock icon! :)

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might hate me for this but when I bought my 2013 two years ago, I had no idea it was an HD. I knew what the HD package was but never bothered looking for one and figured I'd be OK without it. The owner included the window sticker and I looked at it 3 days after I bought it and oh hey, HD package! Then, found the 4x4 screen and oh man look at that, rear diff lock icon! :)

Always better to be lucky than good...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent 9 months finding my LR4 with the HD package (Plus a few other criteria)

I never got the color I wanted, but ended up loving the Corris Grey.

It's funny, I wasn't even quite in the market yet but I had started nosing around. I called a dealer on a grey one. Knowing it wouldn't be HD I thought I'd ask if it was and that would be a polite way out of the conversation with him. He comes back in a couple minutes, "yep it's got HD!". Welp bluff called, so I went ahead and bought it. And as if things couldn't get any easier, my parents who live near me were in Illinois at the time, so my dad picked it up and delivered it to me, LOL.

nolift911

Reaction score
I spent 2 months looking for an HD - I used TOPIX for the VINS pretty simple. Most had or have about 100k so they need CA bushings, chains checked, air suspension checkup etc. Odd thing I found with the HD package is they were usually "every option" checked, HSA, rear seat DVD etc...You can always spot them on the road visually by the fat full size tire hanging off the rear end...

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with TOPIX... is this a "VIN decoder" that shows options for a given VIN? If so, is it available for public access?

:idea:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA