Cleaning your Land Rover's A/C Drain Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpgoldthwaite

Reaction score
Thanks

Just bought my Discovery II and the first thing I noticed was the wet floor. Great tip, took lees than 2 minutes to fix.

QuickSilver

Reaction score
Hi Slam: I found the drain holes on my 2004 Discovery thanks to your pictures and guideline. I did put a screw driver inside and nothing came out on both sides. What is really weird, There is no water leak inside the passenger area and the Truck A/C does not drain any water and we are having record high tempetures here in Los Angeles. Any idea why my A/C does not drain even in such a hot weahter???
The A/C blows a bad smell but it goes away after it have been running for awhile

I have the same issues.

I am in Pasadena, we had record temps last few days. Nary a drop of water under the truck yet the smell is skanky. What gives?

paulrussell

Reaction score
Range Rover Ac Drain

Thank you all for the info. It has taken me forever to find the damn ac drains on my 02 Range Rover. All it finally took was a flash light. The two drains are way up there. I am so happy. A mechanic charged me $180 to take care of the problem last time and made out that it was a much larger problem. As soon as I poked the rubber ****** with a screw driver the water came gushing out, nearly a pint.:biggrin:

olgam1963

Reaction score
Hi, I have an 06 LR3 and I believe I have the same problem as everyone is mentioning the wet carpet on both sides infront. This happened after a hard rainy day. Not sure what it might be. Help

RedDotDev

Reaction score
Thank you! As you said, under 5 min. Now for the clean up of the carpet. Only if that could only take 5 min.

croller63

Reaction score
unable to locate drain ******

Hi Slam, I am totally new to all of this. I have the same problem with the wet carpet on the passenger side. I am from the US. I read your post and was so happy to be able to drain the ****** myself. I am a 48 year old woman who knows little about vehicles, and I tried to locate the drain ****** but could not. Do I go under the passenger door or the passenger side of the front of the tire? I attempted to google a diagram to help me locate it without success. Your images are great, but I cannot see the same ****** under my vehicle. I also read that in the US the ****** is on the driver's side, is this correct?

Thank you for any further assistance you can provide. I love my Discovery, have always dreamed of having one!

mom in Ohio

croller63

Reaction score
I did it!!!!

Slam, disregard last entry, I found the pyramid thingy and I used my long screwdriver to reach it and open it an water, dirty, came out and down my arm! I have never been so happy to have my arm so dirty, had towel handy to wipe it off:proud: Thank you for posting this so much! I have newspaper down where it used to leak to see if it continues after I drive it with A/C on. Keeping fingers crossed this was the only issue, but anyways, I feel empowered!!! thanks so much!!! Mom in Ohio

roninpilot

Reaction score
Worked like a champ! Just bought my Rover and my wife was wading in water on the passenger side. Thanks a million for taking the time to post this.

jtgupton

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, great posting, had been under the disco multiple times looking for these the pictures really helped. My issue now :driver:is that in opening them up one was so brittle from the heat the end broke off so I have to go looking for the best method of keeping the little critters out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV