Cleaning your Land Rover's A/C Drain Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suemoga

Reaction score
HELP! I simply cannot find the AC drain plug in my 2005 Land Rover LR2. I am having that constant dampness in the passenger side floorboard...

kiktini

Reaction score
A/C Drain Fixed!

I searched for 10 minutes and found the nozzle under the passenger side way up there! Great advice and thank you!

bmtangye

Reaction score
I almost smoked a cigarette after completing this fix. It was that good. Thanks for the advise and pics.

[email protected]

Reaction score
thanks so much - hopefully draining the a/c lines will work - that is if i can find them. will get back to you once i do.

jimmckee

Reaction score
Can't thank you enough. I think you are brilliant. I have been putting up with it for weeks. Very appreciative of your post.

euman

Reaction score
Wet Floor

I have been dealing with this for a while and cant find the problem. I made a fitting to attach to my air compressor with a 1/2" pvc pipe on one end. Also made a plug out of the 1/2" pipe. I plugged the drivers side drain and blew air for about 30 seconds into the passenger side, then plugged the passenger side and blew the drivers side. I wasnt sure if they tied in together or not is why I plugged one side at a time. I could hear air blowing through both sides, so in my opinion those drains are not plugged at all. But still the drivers side floor still gets soaked. My only deduction is that since air continually blew through, something must have come lose in a place that I cant see. Any other suggestions? we bought this '04 Disco back in march and this is the only issue we've had .... but its irritating.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I am hoping you tried to clean the ****** before blowing air through it... as blowing air may very well disconnect it from the other end. At this point you may very well need to dig into the dash to reconnect the drain hose on the passenger side.

mark10364

Reaction score
Cleaning Your Land Rover's AC drain lines
Thanks Andy Maier (Moose)

Many people have problems with mist coming out of the vents, and heavy condensation or leaking on the passenger side of their trucks after using the air conditioner. The likely cause of these symptoms is a clogged A/C drain line.

The drain line runs water from the A/C system to the bottom of the truck, which allows condensation from operation of the A/C to drain out of the bottom of the vehicle while it's in motion (it causes the puddle of water people see under cars in the summertime). The drain ****** at the end of the line on Discoveries can easily become clogged, leaving the extra water nowhere else to go. Here's how to clean the ******:

TOOLS NEEDED: None.

TIME NEEDED: 5 minutes at worst.

DIFFICULTY: Can you turn an ignition key? If so, you can do this one.

PROCEDURE:
(1) Get under truck from passenger side;
(2) Look near front (engine) end of transmission -- there is a rubber pyramid-shaped piece without anything else near it (see picture one). This is the drain ******.
(3) To clear a clogged ******, use your finger or a small tool to wiggle the ****** until the mud, dirt, debris, etc. is freed, allowing water to flow out. This water is dirty and may be warm.
(4) Allow water to drain out, attempting to dodge as much as possible.
(5) Check periodically to ensure water flows from the drain line, cleaning as necessary.
(6) Wipe arms off with towel.

HERE ARE PICS:

Thanks for the info. Both lines were full of water and who knows what:eek: No more water on the floor.

euman

Reaction score
Yeah I went through the the whole removing ****** thing previously and nothing came out at all. I figured there may be plugging farther up the line is why I was blowing it. I'm getting a feeling that this may turn into a very big job. Where exactly is this hose you are talking about? is it accessible without removing the entire dash?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the RAVE yet? It shows all the lines and how to get to them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi