Confirm 2013 TPMS & Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey mbw,

I agree, it is a bit fishy. I really don't think the chip was done during transit, but rather something from the source. I am very curious to see if Barry will make this right, as my other four (4) wheels are perfect.

If Barry pays for the repair and gives me a refund or sends a new wheel, I will be happy. It does seem as though this is likely the last bit of stock, so in that case, I am very happy to be able to get the Compomotive wheels, but it does make me a bit nervous these are "the bottom of the bin".

I will be sure to keep you posted! Thanks again for your tire input as well.

-David

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can easily deactivate TPMS spare tire monitoring (or turn off TPMS altogether) with your IIDTool, it's one of the options in the CCF.

If I had all that space from the spare tire available, I'd be looking into an auxiliary fuel tank retrofit kit, I know they are available in Australia.

All of this.....I agree. The LR4's on the TAT had additional spare wheels/tires onboard. I haven't looked at the pics closely to see if they kept one spare underneath. But I plan to go spare fuel tank with the tire off the bumper.

I will say, I have wheeled for years and never had a tire issue. Most of my friends are the same. We just ran the VOT in Vermont and of the 60 total trucks(including staff), had 8 or so tire flats. Pretty small number that is likely attributable to air pressure (too much or not enough).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks as though Barry is offering to send TLB and I the money to pay for the repair of the wheel. I haven't responded yet, but I will likely just accept that and move forward. What would you guys do?

With that said, I also decided that I do not want to keep my current wheel/tire/TPMS setups as I was originally thinking. I am DEFINITELY keeping my 19" stock black design wheels, but will sell my 255/55R19 Cooper Zeon LTZs and re-use my five (5) TPMS with the new wheels/tires (I can re-use them, right?). My thinking is that I know I won't be switching out my new wheels/tires for the Coopers anytime soon - I would rather put really good 19" snow tires on my 19" wheels down the line when I need them - don't really need both the Coopers and new A/T tires. Plus, my current Cooper Zeon LTZs (I have 5 of them) have less than 1,000 miles and are in mint condition. I am thinking of selling the 5 tires for around $500-600? What do folks think? Thanks!

-David

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks as though Barry is offering to send TLB and I the money to pay for the repair of the wheel. I haven't responded yet, but I will likely just accept that and move forward. What would you guys do?

With that said, I also decided that I do not want to keep my current wheel/tire/TPMS setups as I was originally thinking. I am DEFINITELY keeping my 19" stock black design wheels, but will sell my 255/55R19 Cooper Zeon LTZs and re-use my five (5) TPMS with the new wheels/tires (I can re-use them, right?). My thinking is that I know I won't be switching out my new wheels/tires for the Coopers anytime soon - I would rather put really good 19" snow tires on my 19" wheels down the line when I need them - don't really need both the Coopers and new A/T tires. Plus, my current Cooper Zeon LTZs (I have 5 of them) have less than 1,000 miles and are in mint condition. I am thinking of selling the 5 tires for around $500-600? What do folks think? Thanks!

-David

I'd take Barry's money and run. Who knows when he could send you a replacement rim.

Selling the Coopers sounds like a good call, and that price point is very tempting!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take Barry's money and run. Who knows when he could send you a replacement rim.

Selling the Coopers sounds like a good call, and that price point is very tempting!
I agree. I am waiting to see what Barry told TLB, but likely better to just take the money and get the chip fixed. It's on the lip, so a good alloy repair guy should be able to fix it like new and the tire will likely cover most of it anyway.

I am still trying to fix out a good price for the Coopers, but I have five (5) - it includes tire insurance - good for the life of the tire. They are $216 new.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I am waiting to see what Barry told TLB, but likely better to just take the money and get the chip fixed. It's on the lip, so a good alloy repair guy should be able to fix it like new and the tire will likely cover most of it anyway.

I am still trying to fix out a good price for the Coopers, but I have five (5) - it includes tire insurance - good for the life of the tire. They are $216 new.

Hey,

Can you sell the tires now or do you need to wait until your wheel situation is sorted??

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Can you sell the tires now or do you need to wait until your wheel situation is sorted??
I can likely sell the 5 tires in the next 1-2 weeks. I will order my tires Saturday.

Are you interested?

$600.00 for five plus insurance included for all five.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can likely sell the 5 tires in the next 1-2 weeks. I will order my tires Saturday.

Are you interested?

$600.00 for five plus insurance included for all five.

I would be but the timing is not ideal. I'm off on a trip next weekend and I wanted the tires mounted next week.

How many miles on them?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be but the timing is not ideal. I'm off on a trip next weekend and I wanted the tires mounted next week.

How many miles on them?
Well, I may actually be able to have them off next week - all depends how long it takes for my new tires to arrive. If it's only a day or two, I can have the tires ready by mid week possibly.

The tires only have about 800-900 miles - like new!!!!

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets chat in IM to make arrangements.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM