Confirm 2013 TPMS & Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I will post some info regarding my experience with my wheel / tires at the end of this week.
Still waiting for some pictures my friends took during my last two trips. ( Broken Arrow and Crown King)
I love the tires.
I run 42/48 PSI cold ( F/R) on the street.
In Sedona I did not air down at all ( lots of traction on smooth dry rocks).
On my last trail ( Crown King) I aired down to 35 PSI ( hot ) and it smoothed the ride over the rocks.
Rubbing- yes it is present in the back. Nothing serious.
Rocks ate some of my tires and I found my rock sliders helpful.
My PD1880 got some minor damage too.
It looks like my thread will be long . I may have some time on Thursday to seat down and post something.
Just few pictures today. More to come.

Attachments

• CIMG1133.JPG
    CIMG1133.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG1135.JPG
    CIMG1135.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 23
  • CIMG1137.JPG
    CIMG1137.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG1138.JPG
    CIMG1138.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CIMG1144.JPG
    CIMG1144.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 21

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I will post some info regarding my experience with my wheel / tires at the end of this week.
Still waiting for some pictures my friends took during my last two trips. ( Broken Arrow and Crown King)
I love the tires.
I run 42/48 PSI cold ( F/R) on the street.
In Sedona I did not air down at all ( lots of traction on smooth dry rocks).
On my last trail ( Crown King) I aired down to 35 PSI ( hot ) and it smoothed the ride over the rocks.
Rubbing- yes it is present in the back. Nothing serious.
Rocks ate some of my tires and I found my rock sliders helpful.
My PD1880 got some minor damage too.
It looks like my thread will be long . I may have some time on Thursday to seat down and post something.
Just few pictures today. More to come.
Thanks for posting this, can't wait for more photos. Wow, you did some serious rock climbing to get that damage! Though, I know in that terrain it's tough to avoid. So, you were running in off road height for most of the time? The rubbing does not look too bad at all, and likely can be avoided if you get LLAMS/IID Tool later on for off roading.

Keep me posted! Oh, by the way........ If you plan on getting the TPMS units, I finally had them installed on Saturday and they work awesome. I used my IIDTool to turn back on TPMS monitoring and turn off the spare tire monitor (all at once) and my warning light popped back up. After they installed the TPMS units, the warning light shut off right away. I tested it by letting some air out and it worked fine.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just got my lr4 back from the body shop, from the buck that hit it... anyway.. its perfect again. They even fixed a couple other dents I put in her.

But... my tpms sensors are acting up. Said my left rear was low, then that went away 5 minutes later.. now it says front right is low.

What does the car say when the spare is low? I would have thought it would trigger a warning since it is actually a little deflated.

Checked the tires on the road though, they are all fine... so its a sensor issue.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just got my lr4 back from the body shop, from the buck that hit it... anyway.. its perfect again. They even fixed a couple other dents I put in her.

But... my tpms sensors are acting up. Said my left rear was low, then that went away 5 minutes later.. now it says front right is low.

What does the car say when the spare is low? I would have thought it would trigger a warning since it is actually a little deflated.

Checked the tires on the road though, they are all fine... so its a sensor issue.
I am glad to hear the truck came out great - always feels nice to get it back to like new condition.

I know my spare tire (or tyre as they use) warning came up and said something about the spare tyre being low or there was a fault? I should have taken a photo, but I quickly cleared the warning. I used the IIDTool to enable the four wheel TPMS and disable spare tire TPMS. I recently added in TPMS to my four tires and also disabled the spare tire TPMS since I took my spare out. I believe you got the same TPMS units I did via TPMS direct when you got your Comp wheels - right?

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a day or two mbw, if you are positive the cold pressure is within the 36F-42R PSI specs, the faults may clear. Something similar happened to me after I came back from an off-roading trip recently (I had aired down), even after airing up I started getting a low pressure fault for FL, then FR - FL extinguished just before FR popped up. After some more driving, the faults cleared and didn't come back. It is also possible the low-on-air spare tire may confuse the system, although that one is supposed to trigger its own "Spare tire pressure low" message.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a day or two mbw, if you are positive the cold pressure is within the 36-42 PSI specs, the faults may clear. Something similar happened to me after I came back from an off-roading trip recently (I had aired down), even after airing up I started getting a low pressure fault for FL, then FR - FL extinguished just before FR popped up. After some more driving, the faults celared and didn't come back. It is also possible the low-on-air spare tire may confuse the system, although that one is supposed to trigger its own "Spare tire pressure low" message.
I agree. Having turned on and off TPMS alerts a few times (hehehe), I noticed that the system does require a bit of driving before the faults clear and everything goes back to normal. Nothing seems to happen right away - takes a bit of time.

Keep us posted.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I am also wondering if sitting for about two weeks could have done something. I doubt they kept it locked, but even if they did, it sat for two weeks.

I will keep driving and update. This may force me to cough up the money for that IID tool. I know the thing is useful, but its fricken expensive.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of TPMS alerts..... This morning I started my LR4 and got a low tire pressure warning for my front, right tire. I checked and it was at 29PSI! I went a couple blocks to get gas and air up, since there is an indendpent gas/service place I go to for gas and the guy is really nice. He sprayed the valve and a tiny bit of air bubbled, so he tighted the stem and said it was a bit loose. He ended up tightening all of the stems for me and putting air in all of the tires - each of them were down 5-10 PSI. I just got the TPMS installed last Saturday and was actually going to check the tire pressure today.

Hopefully the problem is fixed and it's not an issue with the TPMS units not having a good enough seal. I had zero problems with my valve stems. I am 100% sure the tires are fine - no punctures or anything.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, mine turned out to be low.. the tpms seal was leaking.

got that fixed.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, mine turned out to be low.. the tpms seal was leaking.

got that fixed.
What did they do? I did notice that the external valves were not tightened enough, so hopefully that fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635