Continental terraincontact AT tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently running 265/65R18 Ridge Grapplers. Pretty great tire all around, pretty quite for an AT tire, look aggressive and are pretty good off road. Biggest mistake was getting the 114T (less tread and softer rubber not as high as a load range) instead of the 122Q’s. This this plays a big roll on why I’m having more wear on the outer edges of the tires.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s too bad. We only put <5k miles/year so they will last us a while regardless.

LRMore

Reaction score
Currently running 265/65R18 Ridge Grapplers. Pretty great tire all around, pretty quite for an AT tire, look aggressive and are pretty good off road. Biggest mistake was getting the 114T (less tread and softer rubber not as high as a load range) instead of the 122Q’s. This this plays a big roll on why I’m having more wear on the outer edges of the tires.
on stock '19 wheels?

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced my michelins LTX with these and i love them so far. about 5k miles in and they are way quieter and more comfortable than the miches. If they behave like this for another 25K miles i will be happy.

Ratatat

Reaction score
Not impressed with the continentals at all, fast wearing, had a tendency to hydroplane. Firestone Destinations on now, but in 275/55/19, stock rims. So far wear, road noise acceptable.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update here. These tires have a 60k mile warranty. I went back to American tire depot and talked to my friend there and he made a claim against continental on that warranty. I got 1/2 price new contis as a result.

Attachments

• E189733B-C202-4F8D-AADB-0ADEB056C014.jpeg
    E189733B-C202-4F8D-AADB-0ADEB056C014.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 48

Motodog1971

Reaction score
Hi Fuji 4 wanted to see what your experience was with your second set of the Conti Terrains? I have the Toyo AT 3 and maybe get 30K out of them. The middle is fine but wearing on the outside edge I drive a lot of mountain roads in Tahoe and my alignment was slightly out of whack. For most folks would think could get 35-40K out of them. The gas mileage on them is decent as not too heavy of a tire. The Cooper Zeons I heard were great but discontinued. My mechanic recommends the Conti curious if you have any outside edge wear? Not sure what people getting out of the Wildpeaks or new BFG Terrain tires if want to chime in.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Fuji 4 wanted to see what your experience was with your second set of the Conti Terrains? I have the Toyo AT 3 and maybe get 30K out of them. The middle is fine but wearing on the outside edge I drive a lot of mountain roads in Tahoe and my alignment was slightly out of whack. For most folks would think could get 35-40K out of them. The gas mileage on them is decent as not too heavy of a tire. The Cooper Zeons I heard were great but discontinued. My mechanic recommends the Conti curious if you have any outside edge wear? Not sure what people getting out of the Wildpeaks or new BFG Terrain tires if want to chime in.
No uneven wear really. They are good tires but don’t last very long comparatively. Not as aggressive as the Duratracs. Quieter though. I don’t drive the LR much anymore after buying the Plaid. So my new wear estimates are only a few thousand miles.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the rate we are going, we will need to replace ours on years and not miles. This is their 4th year and I don't think we've put 15k miles on them. Add the fact that we rotate a 5th full size spare into the rotation and these will have to be swapped out before 30k, worn or not.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 30K miles and the tires still have a ton of thread fwiw

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut