D II transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am serviceing the auto x-mission in a 2000 DII and was wondering where the fill plug is. I can't find any dipstick so I assume that it is a sealed gearbox like a manual. Also what is the capacity, I think it is 8 quarts from what I have read on different posts.
Thanks in andvance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It does not have a dip stick.. but it does have a fill and drain plug. The fill plug is where the dip stick should be (sadly it is a pain in the *** to fill)

Attachments

• Capacities.jpg
    Capacities.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 40

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you give me an idea of where the fill is? All I can find is a drain in the middle bottom of the pan and a plug (drain?) on the front of the pan. I can't really see anything that resembles a fill plug. At least any kind I've seen before.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to see #19

Attachments

• Transmission.jpg
    Transmission.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 38

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought that might be it. So I pumped fluid into it. When I drained it I only got 5 quarts of fluid out and it actually looked new. So I put five quarts back in with a new filter, I know it holds alot more than that but I fugured that the convertor had the rest in it. And since the fluid looked and smelled new I would just leave well enough alone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635