Data Collection - help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set up your LR3 in Access Height. Maybe let it sit there for a bit. Turn off car go have a beer...but that step is optional

From there, rapidly push the EAS height control FWD to select Off-Road Height (from Access height) without allowing any pause at Normal.

What does your LR3 do? Does it tell you "Vehicle Raising Slowly" but still easily make it to Off-Road Height? Something else?

I feel like mine does this more often than not. If I go from Access to Normal but "rest" there for a few seconds, it's fine. If choose O/R from Access quickly as is possible it will tell me it's going slow. I also feel like it didn't do this until I switched over to the new EAS software.

So, please also report your software level (old or new) with your results.

Thanks,
Houm

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember doing this a few times with my old hitachi (because it randomly went into extended mode), it did NOT say "Vehicle Raising Slowly" it just raised with no issues.

I however have not tried it with the new AMK I'll let you know tho... btw I did not talk to my indy today sorry, so didn't have the chance to ask him about the exhaust hose.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might get interesting. I assume your thinking is that if the software now requires a lower residual pressure in the system that it may not be enough air to raise the vehicle from access height to off-road height without a significant compressor run to first add air?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I hadn't really thought much about the WHY...I just think it must be normal behavior and for whatever reason the new software either doesn't allow rapid change like that or processes the requests too rapidly or just gets otherwise confused.

All I know is that my compressor is brand freakin' new and it's not "getting tired." Just curious what others are seeing.

@bearish: no worries, I've since figured that out. Silencer is just aft of the rear diff and tucked pretty far up there. The outlet of the exhaust hose is near the compressor, I think just FWD of it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM