Dealer: 2013 production for LR4 is over. No changes for 2014.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sudbury was able to fill my special order twice when others couldn't. The first time they swapped a factory build slot with Prestige in NJ (largest on the East Coast) and the 2nd time they had an available factory slot to change to my spec. The service has been good as well, although loaners are mostly limited to LR2s.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sudbury was able to fill my special order twice when others couldn't. The first time they swapped a factory build slot with Prestige in NJ (largest on the East Coast) and the 2nd time they had an available factory slot to change to my spec. The service has been good as well, although loaners are mostly limited to LR2s.

Good to know. I spoke with a Phil Hunt (I guess he floats between BMW & LR), and he gave me the names of two guys, but neither was the guy you mentioned. I will be there this Sat AM hopefully putting a deposit on an ordered 2014. Let's there is no mo drama.

I am resigned to even take a SC V6 with the updated headlights. I prefer the V8 but if I can't have, I can't have it. If that's the case, let's hope for vastly improved fuel economy range and a sweet 8-speed.

In fact since I'll already be there, I might take the SC V6 jaguar XJ for a test drive just to get a feel for the engine

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Range Rovers are starting to trickle into dealerships... Might as well take that one for a test drive if they have one with the new V6, and get an even better feel. :wink:

But you worry too much, you are getting a V8 on your 2014.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Range Rovers are starting to trickle into dealerships... Might as well take that one for a test drive if they have one with the new V6, and get an even better feel. :wink:

But you worry too much, you are getting a V8 on your 2014.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me to do it. We've covered this.

I've seen a couple of '14 RR's but they are all SC V8's.

Off-topic: I played around on the UK LR site and noticed that it seems the only engine choice for the LUX is the diesel. Also, similarly configured (except for teh engine, of course), the price came out to about the same in GBP as in we pay for one here in USD. Nuts!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR of Norwood closest to my house but I felt treated rather poorly by them, so I am trying Sudbury now - it's a nicer drive for me and less dependent on traffic than Hanover most of the time. I did drive to Hanover to check out a few color combs they had in stock.

I was certain I'd be dealing with Zhubin Shobeiri from Norwood but unfortunately they never had the right color (initially was planning on getting a '12). Zhubin was amazing and if you need to go back there, ask to speak with him. Sudbury wasn't good to me even when I was considering getting a '13 Evoque from them. Depends who your sales person is I guess...

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was certain I'd be dealing with Zhubin Shobeiri from Norwood but unfortunately they never had the right color (initially was planning on getting a '12). Zhubin was amazing and if you need to go back there, ask to speak with him. Sudbury wasn't good to me even when I was considering getting a '13 Evoque from them. Depends who your sales person is I guess...

Probably. But that also means I'd have to deal with running into this guy I am so upset with. Anyway, it was the sales manager that allegedly gave the sneaky info, so that makes me not like the sales dept there. I still plan on servicing my car there.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally understand your point of view. I am sure you're going to get a good deal from Sudbury if you go with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM