Dealer: 2013 production for LR4 is over. No changes for 2014.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently my wife feels strongly that we should order it now. I guess that's the tie breaker. I'll start the negotiation process.
Awesome! I have to admit that I bought into (and contributed) to all the rumors about the V6, body style changes, etc., but in the end, we won't know until it all rolls out. With that said, my mentality for going with the 2013 was that I really like the style, engine, and felt as though this was a style I could live with for several years. Updated headlights, etc. are things I don't care much about, as I already am not the biggest fan of LED bling. If you and your wife feel as though the time is now, then go for it.

I wish you the best of luck with the negotiation process. I got a great deal and trade in for my 2011, but you have to be a bit firm. Seems like dealerships will push the fact that there are not many LR4s around. I think you should be able to get a least a couple thousand off or more - like many of us did.

Keep us posted!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I have to admit that I bought into (and contributed) to all the rumors about the V6, body style changes, etc., but in the end, we won't know until it all rolls out. With that said, my mentality for going with the 2013 was that I really like the style, engine, and felt as though this was a style I could live with for several years. Updated headlights, etc. are things I don't care much about, as I already am not the biggest fan of LED bling. If you and your wife feel as though the time is now, then go for it.

I wish you the best of luck with the negotiation process. I got a great deal and trade in for my 2011, but you have to be a bit firm. Seems like dealerships will push the fact that there are not many LR4s around. I think you should be able to get a least a couple thousand off or more - like many of us did.

Keep us posted!

I'm hoping for 5% off. We'll see.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So tried to negotiate with the local dealer (let's call him Bob) and he doesn't want to give me a price, instead he asks for my CC# to place the order, this is after a slew of cheesy, slimy car sales tactics.

So say thanks but no thanks and call another dealer, who promptly tells me that you cannot order 2013's anymore, but to expect 2014's in September/October. In other words, the exact line I got from Bob's colleague.

*Sigh*

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So tried to negotiate with the local dealer (let's call him Bob) and he doesn't want to give me a price, instead he asks for my CC# to place the order, this is after a slew of cheesy, slimy car sales tactics.

So say thanks but no thanks and call another dealer, who promptly tells me that you cannot order 2013's anymore, but to expect 2014's in September/October. In other words, the exact line I got from Bob's colleague.

*Sigh*
Hey Quijote,

I actually did not know my final price once I placed the order, but I did negotiate a maximum price. For me, the final price came once the vehicle was invoiced after I arrived from the UK. My sales guy was great and I was OK with that since we had already come up with a maximum, with the idea that it would likely be lower than that price. In the end, I was at about $1,000 below that maximum when he gave me the final numbers.

Sorry for all the annoying issues. What are your next steps?

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

I actually did not know my final price once I placed the order, but I did negotiate a maximum price. For me, the final price came once the vehicle was invoiced after I arrived from the UK. My sales guy was great and I was OK with that since we had already come up with a maximum, with the idea that it would likely be lower than that price. In the end, I was at about $1,000 below that maximum when he gave me the final numbers.

Sorry for all the annoying issues. What are your next steps?

-David

I'm asking the same simple question to a 3rd dealer "How late can I order a 2013?" Asked that way, any good salesman who CAN sell you a 2013 would do so, and if they say no it's because they absolutely can't. If I get 3 sales guys from three different dealers to tell me they can't order a 2013 it's because they can't and "Bob" is full of it.

Also, if it's true and no more orders from now on, to me, that's a pretty good indication of no major changes.

I was reading some reviews on the 1023 Jaguar XJ, that also went from the 5.0L V8 to the SC 3.0L V6 and they all spoke positively about the engine, though there were suggestions that it wasn't as responsive, had a bit of lag, or wasn't quite as powerful.

I may not get a choice though, if it comes to pass.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking the same simple question to a 3rd dealer "How late can I order a 2013?" Asked that way, any good salesman who CAN sell you a 2013 would do so, and if they say no it's because they absolutely can't. If I get 3 sales guys from three different dealers to tell me they can't order a 2013 it's because they can't and "Bob" is full of it.

Also, if it's true and no more orders from now on, to me, that's a pretty good indication of no major changes.

I was reading some reviews on the 1023 Jaguar XJ, that also went from the 5.0L V8 to the SC 3.0L V6 and they all spoke positively about the engine, though there were suggestions that it wasn't as responsive, had a bit of lag, or wasn't quite as powerful.

I may not get a choice though, if it comes to pass.
I just can't seem to believe that they will be doing a new engine for 2014. My dealership, though take it with a grain of salt, says that any changes like that would happen in 2015/2016 likely. He did not know how they could put the SC V6 in the Discovery without shaving off some weight, though he did not know for sure.

Sorry you are having so much frustration. I guess a few of the sales folks were right a couple months ago. My guy said 2013 ordering would end sometime in June, though who knew! I would imagine finding exactly what you want on the lot at this time is near impossible - even extending your search.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

*Sigh*

Karma?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't seem to believe that they will be doing a new engine for 2014. My dealership, though take it with a grain of salt, says that any changes like that would happen in 2015/2016 likely. He did not know how they could put the SC V6 in the Discovery without shaving off some weight, though he did not know for sure.

Sorry you are having so much frustration. I guess a few of the sales folks were right a couple months ago. My guy said 2013 ordering would end sometime in June, though who knew! I would imagine finding exactly what you want on the lot at this time is near impossible - even extending your search.

-David

V6... I still hold my bet. Even if I lose I'll still believe there is a V6 under that '14 hood ;-)

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David... I can't believe San Jose LR only has 8 new LRs in stock! WTH?

I noticed your LR4 is gone, do you know what it sold for? Mine was there for a few months before it sold. I wonder where she went. Who the new owner is.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM