Dealer: 2013 production for LR4 is over. No changes for 2014.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez I can probably get a straight answer from my wife after she goes shopping than from LR!
I talked to my dealer last week and he told me point blank that they have NFI! They are hoping that when the change comes there will be engine options but that they doubt it. He did tell me that they will not take any more 2013 orders after the first of the month. So, keep everyone in the dark LR and the not pure LR fans will go and get a Grand Cherokee!! Who they think they are? Apple?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez I can probably get a straight answer from my wife after she goes shopping than from LR!
I talked to my dealer last week and he told me point blank that they have NFI! They are hoping that when the change comes there will be engine options but that they doubt it. He did tell me that they will not take any more 2013 orders after the first of the month. So, keep everyone in the dark LR and the not pure LR fans will go and get a Grand Cherokee!! Who they think they are? Apple?

That supports what my dealer said in terms of end of production for 2013's, so for better or worse I am waiting for a 2014.

I just don't buy for a second that they would introduce a whole new engine with nothing having been leaked. To go through all that trouble for the last year of production is insane. I am a mechanical design engineer and I can assure you they are working like mad to get the 2015 redesign out in time late 2014 without the new 8-speed transmission vibrating loose and falling off. You know, major stuff like that.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've been using the 8 speed gearbox in Europe for at least a year... Attached to the diesel (plenty of vibration there) ;)

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That supports what my dealer said in terms of end of production for 2013's, so for better or worse I am waiting for a 2014.

I just don't buy for a second that they would introduce a whole new engine with nothing having been leaked. To go through all that trouble for the last year of production is insane. I am a mechanical design engineer and I can assure you they are working like mad to get the 2015 redesign out in time late 2014 without the new 8-speed transmission vibrating loose and falling off. You know, major stuff like that.

I agree. It took them 4 years to go from the Motorolla style phone adapter, to the Iphone adapter to the generic USB. No way production year is ending and there are no news out. From a marketing/sales point is moronic. Regardless my 2012 should keep me safe and happy till the end of 2016, by then we will be dealing with a different beast!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be 2 years worth of production for the last LR4 / D4 version with revised headlights / fog lights / double door mirror indicators. 2014 and 2015. I personally don't anticipate any engine changes on this last version I think that will come with the all new D5.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. It took them 4 years to go from the Motorolla style phone adapter, to the Iphone adapter to the generic USB. No way production year is ending and there are no news out. From a marketing/sales point is moronic. Regardless my 2012 should keep me safe and happy till the end of 2016, by then we will be dealing with a different beast!

Exactly. I mean, if you told me they are trying to Federalize the an engine option available in Europe, I MIGHT believe that. Even something as "simple" as that is hard to believe being worthwhile for one year. To spend precious technical resources and introduce risk for one year on one market on one model is inconceivable to me.

That is unless they think they have ZERO chance of getting the LR5 out on time and it will be delayed a year or two. Maybe then it would be worth it.

It would be much easier for them to offer the diesel engine in the US (that design is done and proven in the rest of the world except for using urea for emission purposes) than to put in the SC V6 in the current LR4.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be 2 years worth of production for the last LR4 / D4 version with revised headlights / fog lights / double door mirror indicators. 2014 and 2015. I personally don't anticipate any engine changes on this last version I think that will come with the all new D5.

That, I am willing to believe - a minor, cosmetic refresh so that LR4 doesn't stick out from the rest of the family. Seems weird to do it only for a couple of years, but marketing people are weird like that.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635