Dealer: 2013 production for LR4 is over. No changes for 2014.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha well im sitting in a 2010 LR4 =P ... so... yeaaaaaa

Me too and no issues in 3 years. One good thing about the 2010 was we got the iPod cable free and some of the stuff in the current vision package was standard on the lux back then.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, more drama. Took the whole family to the dealer to finally decide on a color (Gray!) and actually brought boosters for the kids to go on a test drive.

The sales guy, a different one from last time, at first tells me that 2014's should come in in Sept/Oct. But then, knowing I was serious about ordering a car (versus taking something off the lot), went to check with his manager to see how soon we could place a 2014 order, and comes back saying that they can place 2013 orders all the way through the end of August.

So now I am torn. I get the sense that they are BS'ing me, but ultimately, how much hassle am I willing to go through to get a 2014 instead of a 2013?

Maybe I just buy the bullet and place a 2013 order.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, more drama. Took the whole family to the dealer to finally decide on a color (Gray!) and actually brought boosters for the kids to go on a test drive.

The sales guy, a different one from last time, at first tells me that 2014's should come in in Sept/Oct. But then, knowing I was serious about ordering a car (versus taking something off the lot), went to check with his manager to see how soon we could place a 2014 order, and comes back saying that they can place 2013 orders all the way through the end of August.

So now I am torn. I get the sense that they are BS'ing me, but ultimately, how much hassle am I willing to go through to get a 2014 instead of a 2013?

Maybe I just buy the bullet and place a 2013 order.
Sounds to me that you should wait and get the '14. It's what you want and if you cave in you may get buyer's remorse. Isn't the '14 also getting the new headlights? That alone will remind you that you should wait. Aug will be here in just a month and a half.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me that you should wait and get the '14. It's what you want and if you cave in you may get buyer's remorse. Isn't the '14 also getting the new headlights? That alone will remind you that you should wait. Aug will be here in just a month and a half.

I don't care or new headlights. I'm more concerned about getting a "year old" car.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ditto!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a bit torn. I'll wait until I get back from vacation the week of 4th of July and re-evaluate.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I'll definitely order a new 2014, but I'm going to wait until after the first of the year. I battle with the decision to Drop the Landrover completely for something else, but I honestly cannot think of a single other vehicle that offers such luxury and capability all in one vehicle. I do wish we had more aftermarket options though. One of there days I'm going to start an "I Love" and "I Hate" thread about the LR4. Truly a passionate relationship. Anyway, 2014 for me.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently my wife feels strongly that we should order it now. I guess that's the tie breaker. I'll start the negotiation process.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635