Disco II slow rear leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afchiefw

Reaction score
Replaced both rear air suspension bags a few months back. Now, since this is not my daily driver, if it sits for days it will lose air on the back passenger side, then eventually both sides will deflate (leveler?).
It holds air fine for several days (3-4) before it starts to deflate, and I checked for leaks with none showing... any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the bags are not leaking the connection or line is.

ggrupea

Reaction score
check using water with detergent spraying it on the air lines. Put focus on the joints, sometimes those points may cause the deflating air springs

Scanachi

Reaction score
Great input, JOEY & GGRUPEA!

Although I’m not experiencing that issue with my ‘03 Discovery II, it’s worth digging into, JIC.

How much would it cost to replace the airbags, if need be?

is that a DIY job or is that best handled by a LR mechanic?

Good luck, AFCHIEFW!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Great input, JOEY & GGRUPEA!

Although I’m not experiencing that issue with my ‘03 Discovery II, it’s worth digging into, JIC.

How much would it cost to replace the airbags, if need be?

is that a DIY job or is that best handled by a LR mechanic?

Good luck, AFCHIEFW!

I would say it is a 2 on the DYI scale of 1-10 10 being an transmission rebuild. Cost, Check Atlantic British for pricing or call around Nathan in my Signature can get you a good deal on Lifetime airbags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72