Don't Forget to Air Down on Sand!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should disengage traction control. It should help with keeping all tires moving.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't disengage traction control until you actually find yourself getting stuck. That's just me.

I agree with this as LR tuned the traction control to work in specific conditions based on the Terrain setting.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who almost exclusively runs in sand (desert in the middle east), I find traction off to yield much better results! Sand driving and dune bashing is all about speed and momentum. Anything interfering and slowing you down, like traction control inducing braking at the wheels is bad news while trying to get up a 30 foot dune made of loose fine grain sand.

The ONLY time I use it is if I am at a complete stand still and trying to crawl my way out of soft loose sand and the wheels have started digging in and I might possibly be getting stuck.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ONLY time I use it is if I am at a complete stand still and trying to crawl my way out of soft loose sand and the wheels have started digging in and I might possibly be getting stuck.

So it is useful then. And works in combination with the TR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635