Door deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being bogged down in all the corona virus crap and stress I thought to my self, what a great time to start my very first upgrade project on my 2010 hse lux. I decided to do door deadening on my 480w Harmon/kardon Logic7 System using dynamat. Because I’m a sound ***** and I have my bass setting high I got a lot of door rattle and anyone else who is like me I highly suggest you do this. I started by buying the dynamat extreme pack consisting of 36 sq feet of sound deadened off Crutchfield. First thing I did was take off all the door cards. Then detailed and cleaned each door card as well as wipe down the surfaces that the deadener would be placed on. Then I applied as much deadener that was needed at points on the doors and on the door cards. Any plastic pins were replaced with the correct item with the rubber seal to keep air compression for bass and all unnecessary holes were covered with a strip of duct tape. over all once the job was done it made a significant difference and I still had 2 whole sheets of deadener left Incase I want to add. There was still some rattle at in the 70-73hz zone on very high volume but a massive improvement of what it was prior. Tools I found most useful during this job was a roller to roll all the deadener on and make sure it doesn’t come off, rubbing alcohol to wipe down surfaces duct tape to cover up air holes. ill link the photos of each the door/door card i deadened Incase anyone wanted to follow the general areas I hit, I also recommend hitting the areas that rattle the most and distort sound.

427E49DF-22D2-4CC4-B1A5-B6DC40A21F94.jpeg

13277C9A-2C2D-42B4-BBD3-84159E3101AF.jpeg

C54D5127-CFF5-4010-8291-DC2CF8DCC990.jpeg

C2ADF56A-0F04-4F62-A445-020F7F0AAF20.jpeg

4A83DCFB-C771-464A-B73B-078B884D3F16.jpeg

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the write up! I’m actually a few months away for several modifications/upgrades to my 2010 LR4 as well. I did just bit the bullet and bought the 825W amp for a 2012 system to install, and then I plan on retrofitting AudioFrog speakers into the vehicle to make sure they can handle the extra power....and sound better in the process. That said, I really need to dynamat while I’m in there too!....I also need to rob a bank to afford all the new speakers too, but that’s a who different thread! Lol

Out of curiosity, we’re you able to get inside the doors at all? Or did you just do the outside of the door/inside of the panel?
Any plans to do the tailgate sub too?

Awesome job by the way!

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
THE biggest difference is to dynamat your tailgate for the sub. You will get better response and actually hear lower frequencies.

Oh, why didn't you pull the speakers and dynamat the inside of the doors? That's where the magic happens.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did do some inside the doors and as well as sound being great the outside rose noise was Silenced. I didn’t do too much because I had noticed that there was a door deadener already in the inside from factory. And also I was thinking of doing the sub. How much does it help and how much better is it.
THE biggest difference is to dynamat your tailgate for the sub. You will get better response and actually hear lower frequencies.

Oh, why didn't you pull the speakers and dynamat the inside of the doors? That's where the magic happens.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72