Door deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I do dynamat the tailgate where are the best places to hit. Should I do the out side over the sub guard that isn’t pushing air through or just the inside and every where on it. Also should I cover up unnecessary holes, is it an open air sub or a enclosed compression sub

THE biggest difference is to dynamat your tailgate for the sub. You will get better response and actually hear lower frequencies.

Oh, why didn't you pull the speakers and dynamat the inside of the doors? That's where the magic happens.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
It's somewhat an open air sub with a semi sealed enclosure. It doesn't have to be air tight, but dynamating the inside (behind the sub) and a single layer top will do a lot of good.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask, where did you get all your plastic pins for the doors/door cards?

Also, I may have read it wrong, but you mentioned rubber seal? Was that already in the door, or did you add it? Sorry, I haven’t taken the panels off this vehicle yet....I figure it’s better to order the parts ahead of time because I really HATE having to put something BACK together only to tear it all apart when the parts arrive. [emoji28]

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask, where did you get all your plastic pins for the doors/door cards?

Also, I may have read it wrong, but you mentioned rubber seal? Was that already in the door, or did you add it? Sorry, I haven’t taken the panels off this vehicle yet....I figure it’s better to order the parts ahead of time because I really HATE having to put something BACK together only to tear it all apart when the parts arrive. [emoji28]

Thanks!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there were some unnecessary holes on the doors that I covered up with duct tape assuming it is a closed air system. Here are a link to the clips, just a tip they come one clip per pack.
https://parts.landroverftmyers.com/...e--5-0l-v8-gas/body--interior-trim-front-door

Thanks!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the long awaited response. That’s a great project and I’m really excited to see how it works out. Maybe I’ll have to do the same as you have! Anyway yes I was. There’s easily enough accessibility to get the whole inside of the door. I didn’t do much inside the door due too the fact that I didn’t want to mess with the massive moisture barrier and have a problem wading through a river so I just did as much as I could access through the speaker mounting. I just did the sub a couple of days ago and did inside and out of the tailgate. I noticed quite a bit of difference especially in rattle situation. Over all I’d say the project was much worth it.
Wow, thanks for the write up! I’m actually a few months away for several modifications/upgrades to my 2010 LR4 as well. I did just bit the bullet and bought the 825W amp for a 2012 system to install, and then I plan on retrofitting AudioFrog speakers into the vehicle to make sure they can handle the extra power....and sound better in the process. That said, I really need to dynamat while I’m in there too!....I also need to rob a bank to afford all the new speakers too, but that’s a who different thread! Lol

Out of curiosity, we’re you able to get inside the doors at all? Or did you just do the outside of the door/inside of the panel?
Any plans to do the tailgate sub too?

Awesome job by the way!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99