Door locks locking themselves...and not factory programmed to do so

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deutsch100

Reaction score
I do not have the drive away auto locking feature programmed (I do find it weird that a Land Rover dealer has to do this though, since with BMW & Mercedes, you just access it thru iDrive or the multifunction steering wheels on the Benz and do it yourself!). Anyway, while I was driving yesterday, the door locks just locked. It scared the hell out of me, since I was on a quiet road, little radio volume and travelling about 40mph. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I take it to the dealer, or just chalk it up to a little Land Rover brain fart??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would visit the dealer and have them look at it. Unless you just happen to press the button.

Deutsch100

Reaction score
I would visit the dealer and have them look at it. Unless you just happen to press the button.

For sure did not press the button, obviously. On the '08 Full Size Range Rover, the door lock button is in the middle of the dash, near the hazard/energency lights. Not an easy button to accidently press. I was driving down a quiet road, with both hands on the wheel. Part of me just wants to chalk it up as a mini electric glitch, and see if it happens again. The other part of me, wants to have it checked out. Driving to the dealer, turning the car in, getting a loan vehicle, waiting for the repair, going back to the dealer, returning the loan vehicle, checking the car out, driving back home,,,, What a pain!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, but had to ask... also the odds are they will not be able to duplicate it.. but make sure you get it documented before the warranty is up.

Deutsch100

Reaction score
Agreed, but had to ask... also the odds are they will not be able to duplicate it.. but make sure you get it documented before the warranty is up.

Yeah, since it only happened one time, the odds of them duplicating it again is a really slim chance. Also, I've only had the car about 2 months, so I have 46 months left of factory warranty. So, I'll just mention it when I am due for a scheduled service, unless something big & bad happens before 7500 miles. Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak