Drain Pipe tips....where can i get these

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
do any of you know where i can purchase the end of the sunroof drain pipes.. i see that they sell the hose with it attach but dont need the hose just the end of the tips...

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the dealer might have some snipped off ones.

Why do you need it anyways? Most people cut the tip of the drain pipe off. That is what causes the tubes to get clogged.

RoverMike

Reaction score
yeah im guessing the ex owner of my vehicle already cut them off.......but he did a horrible job on it he cut them to much to the point where you cant even put them back on the frame....

Subdued

Reaction score
do any of you know where i can purchase the end of the sunroof drain pipes.. i see that they sell the hose with it attach but dont need the hose just the end of the tips...

Did you have any luck finding a source for the sunroof drain elbows? I need a replacement due to the material deteriorating.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try windshield washer tubing & parts maybe?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clear plastic tygon tubing

That clear plastic tubing you see in labs will work and comes in differing sizes.

I would start at Home Depot or where they sell gardening fountains. The NAPA type places have bulk hose as well in diameters bigger than windshield washer.

In this case, bigger is better, the trick is just to join the hose and as long as the new stuff can slip over the existing, that is all that matters. There is no pressure involved, you just need something to direct the water down and out rather than down and in.

Why a vehicle built on a rain swept island tends to exhibit the characteristics of a sponge rather than an umbrella puzzles me.

Subdued

Reaction score
In this case, bigger is better, the trick is just to join the hose and as long as the new stuff can slip over the existing, that is all that matters. There is no pressure involved, you just need something to direct the water down and out rather than down and in.

I am not against the idea of splicing different tubing, but was hoping to find something comparable to the OE elbow to exit the vehicle with a nearly watertight seal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99