DRL's and GAP tool - 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
This just happened to me. I was about to load some household trash from the garage into the LR4 and I got the dreaded “nobody’s home” response when I pressed the lift gate button. No click or anything.

I broke out the IIDTool and sure enough there was a fault code for a short in that switch. I cleared it and the lift gate worked just fine. I still need to determine if there’s an underlying problem back there, but as you said, it got me back in business in the moment.

Mine just went south also - interesting that you could fix it with the tool - I had to climb back there and break in, replaced the switch, and motor.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just went south also - interesting that you could fix it with the tool - I had to climb back there and break in, replaced the switch, and motor.

It may have been a complete coincidence. The fault was for a short. I cleared it in the app but admittedly I didn't expect it to fix a physical fault/short if one existed, but the fault disappeared after I ran the routine a couple of times. Liftgate is still working fine.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer did it for $100. At the same time I had them program the trailer lights after installing the kit myself. It seemed pretty standard for them to make any programming change for $100 since they were already in there.

nolift911

Reaction score
I installed the trailer wiring kit and did not have to program - was it for a brake controller?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 HSE LUX. I’ve actually thought about this a lot and just to make sure I’m hearing this correctly I can enable daytime running lamps with this correct?

spookie721

Reaction score
Yes, you can enable the Daylight Running Lights with the Gap IID toll. Options for Canadian or Scandinavian version. 2 min job.
2005 LR3 4.4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72