droopy rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
2001 SE7 Disco II
HELP,I hate Rovers(not really).Well she is down on the bump stops and this is what I have done so far.All fuses and links are good,push the button and the light on the dash comes on and and beeps.Crawled under and unplugged the pump got no voltage with engine running and button pushed.I hope I got the right connector it was a two pin connector.I disconnected a small spade connector and a light came on on the left side of the dash.Since I don't have power and the pump wont run where do I go from here.Thanks.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but you shot your self in the but trying to activate the system with the dash button and threw yourself a fault.
Send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Well I finally got it off the bump stops.Had to replace the pump.The pump that was in it was not the original it had been replaced already.Not a bad job took a couple of hours and didn't find any leaks after replacement.Found a good used one for $100.Next order of business is to change the rubber bladders befor they start to leak.How much of a pain is it to replace the valve cover gaskets,like most Rovers they leak. Thanks for your help Mike.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On a D2 it is a little harder to change the valve covers, but still not that bad.

The bladders, when you do change them, remember to disconnect the hoses at the pump before you start or you will have fun putting them in.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got it off the bump stops.Had to replace the pump.The pump that was in it was not the original it had been replaced already.Not a bad job took a couple of hours and didn't find any leaks after replacement.Found a good used one for $100.Next order of business is to change the rubber bladders befor they start to leak.How much of a pain is it to replace the valve cover gaskets,like most Rovers they leak. Thanks for your help Mike.

Before you try to replace the v/c gaskets, try tightening them down to about 10 foot pounds. They usually just vibrate loose and then leak.
Once tight, go power scrub you engine at the local do it yourself car wash, cold water only. That will give you a clean engine and then you can see if your leak has stopped.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635