dsc inactive, air suspension inactive, and transmission fail safe program errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaylon

Reaction score
Few weeks ago I changed my rear pads, rotors and calipers and after about an hour on the road I get dsc inactive, air suspension inactive, and transmission fail safe program errors. I've tried turning the wheel from left to right and checking the fuses for the dsc with no result. I don't hear any leaks when the car is parked so I don't think it's an airbag. Anyone run into this problem?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like a battery going dead issue. When the battery drops below a certain voltage under load on a fully computerized vehicle all kinds of weird stuff will happen.

jaylon

Reaction score
I can try a battery, another thing I noticed but am not 100% sure wether it'd be related (but almost makes sense) is that the right front wheel started shaking pretty bad. I thought the rim needed to be balanced so I got it balanced, even got new tires and it got worse after changing the tires. At a low rate of speed, around 30mph, it's really bad; once the air suspension goes inactive it pretty much stops altogether. I'm pretty sure it's gotta be related. After sitting for an extended period of time the error resets.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok... with that info... I would say get that front end checked out....

jaylon

Reaction score
Ok, there was an issue with the suspension, changed the front lower control arms on both sides. The right side was pretty bad! Rides like a dream again, didn't realize how bad the ride was; I guess I got used to it. The error reset while I was working on the car, the shaking is completely gone and 'maybe' 5 minutes into my test drive to see if the error would be resolved *ding* that awful sound reared it's ugly head again. So now I just don't have a clue as to what it could be, I checked the battery using a meter and it's 12v off and 13.4v running. Any ideas .... .... .... ?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You never mentioned your model / model year. On a RRS / LR3 and LR4 - probably a Range Rover as well - cascading errors like those (when you are already up and running) are often caused by a bad brake light switch, or even an installed brake light bulb of the wrong type/rating. This is especially true if all faults seem to pop up after you press the brake pedal.

Last edited:

mishgass

Reaction score
DSC and Air Sus Inactive

Hello all, i am having this error now for a couple of days they both pop up the same time along with the ABS light. my RR is 2003 classic model. looked around online and found several things to do like unplugging both fuses clean and to reset and steering lock. it works but i get it again after a while. also some mentioned to change the battery, not sure of that but am welling to try.
any other suggestions to this fault?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac