Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched these tire / wheel threads so many times, I don't blame you. It gets tiresome. Post your findings, you can save me some time... :wink:

Well the issue seems to be that we supposedly have a newer TPMS than the 2013 from what I am reading. I have an appointment tomorrow to get my AC Compressor replaced on my vehicle so I will ask some questions to my service guy when I drop the vehicle off and see what I get in response. I'll update once I have something.

SFLR4

Reaction score
Goodyear now has Wrangler DuraTrac in 265/65 18 (114S). Thoughts on these versus BFG?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched these tire / wheel threads so many times, I don't blame you. It gets tiresome. Post your findings, you can save me some time... :wink:

So, I talked to my guy at the dealership and he confirmed that we need the 433mhz TPMS sensors.

He also said he wouldn't worry about the extreme ratings on the stock LR wheels if you don't ever plan on towing something that weighs 7,000 lbs. This might open up my search for a different wheel other than the Compo's.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ideal Wheel Offset?

What is the best offset needed for the 18" wheel on the LR4?

I know the Compo's are a +44. Is this ideal?

Brandon, what offset did you say your fuel wheels are?

SFLR4

Reaction score
They are passenger and not LT. Same thing for that size for the Toyo AT2.

What tires are XL/LT rated in 265/65 18, or close size, other than BFG?
Seems like the all these tire options are supposed to open up with 18in wheels, but few come in LT. All the "lists" out there with options are based on size not rating.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best offset needed for the 18" wheel on the LR4?

I know the Compo's are a +44. Is this ideal?

Brandon, what offset did you say your fuel wheels are?

The +44 offset of the Compos is good, and it seems to accommodate bigger tires without lift (i.e. those running 265/65's without rods, IID, or LLAMS).

My offset is +20, which pushes my wheels out significantly more. With that being said, I needed to run rods just to clear 265/65's.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The +44 offset of the Compos is good, and it seems to accommodate bigger tires without lift (i.e. those running 265/65's without rods, IID, or LLAMS).

My offset is +20, which pushes my wheels out significantly more. With that being said, I needed to run rods just to clear 265/65's.

I assume you needed to run Rods because you were sticking out too far?

Looks like the factory wheels are a +53.

I would think anything in the +35 to +44 range would be perfect then...

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you needed to run Rods because you were sticking out too far?

Looks like the factory wheels are a +53.

I would think anything in the +35 to +44 range would be perfect then...

The offset is one little problem. The real one is having enough room for the brake calipers to fit.
Compomotives are engineered/ designed to fit such a caliper...
I'm using LR3 rims with spacers and still had to lightly grind the calipers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9