Exhaust solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do!
From videos I've watched, the ProXS muffler isn't much more than stock. I'm just worried about getting highway drone, because I spend quite a bit of time driving between 65-75 mph.
How did this turn out?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious as well, magnapacks on my truck with an X pipe and straight pipes to the tip sound amazing, but drone like a bihhhhhh....not that 28 y.o me cares.

RyanRR

Reaction score
How did this turn out?

Sorry for the delay, just saw this.

I abandoned that option for the time being.. Got a kid on the way and wifey warned me that if my loud vehicle wakes them up when I get home at 11:45 PM, she'll make me eat my testicles...

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it doesn’t matter what route you take, the rover will still idle quietly and pulling into your driveway at 11:45pm will not wake anyone as long as you’re light on the throttle. It’s more of a low humming sound. A start however….is a different story…esp a cold one in the morning hahah

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In crawling around under the exhaust, has anyone considered just lopping off the pipes aft of the resonator and just welding in some 90 elbow turndowns from there, so the exhaust just exits down and not routing it all the way back to rear bumper? Seems to be about the only solution to rerouting from under axle.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still want to change get a little more noise, my first thought is to replace the first muffler/resonator after the motor with a borla muffler.. the results of just straight or X piping that section are way too loud for me. Chopping the rear most resonators would probably be a good option, too.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about using the exhaust setup from an F type and cutting welding to suit? They’re virtually the same engines after all.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like not many people doing exhaust modifications on the LR4, except a muffler delete. While it sounds good, it might be a little loud for my needs.

I'm looking for something I can actually hear, without waking up my neighbors when I get home at night with minimal/no drone.

What do you guys think about replacing the center muffler (#7) with a Magnaflow (or similar Flowmaster) straight through muffler and leaving everything else intact?
I cut my center resonator off, by no means is it obnoxious on the out side and it sounds actually really good on the inside. Barley any drone, and not loud unless your pushing it past 3k. I can include a video if you’d like. But just for price effective portion I’d go with the center resonator delete.

RyanRR

Reaction score
I cut my center resonator off, by no means is it obnoxious on the out side and it sounds actually really good on the inside. Barley any drone, and not loud unless your pushing it past 3k. I can include a video if you’d like. But just for price effective portion I’d go with the center resonator delete.

If you got the video handy I'd love to hear it!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA