Exhaust opinion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@avslash, I think this is what Jimmy was talking about: https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/exhaust-mod.18367/

I'm with you though. I think the pipes need to span to the rear of the car. With the spare removed, I laid staring at the under carriage wondering how to get the pipes higher....

I have probably spent 3 hours of my life laying under the thing trying to figure out something to do with those pipes. Short of a super-custom, one off design that takes them out through the sliders in front of the rear wheels, I don't think a solution exists.

I sleep peacefully now by carrying a hack-saw so that if needed I could cut them off trail-side in a pinch. They are less of a concern now that I have the auxiliary fuel tank dangling down there, as well.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally I would not comment on another person's mods if they weren't to my taste. But since you asked:

This is not to my taste.

I'll have to agree as well. Why change such a smooth and quiet vehicle.

If you do a search in the LR3 forum you can find a few people that installed the magnaflo exhaust then quickly took it off as the sound was too annoying.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to agree as well. Why change such a smooth and quiet vehicle.

Exactly my view. The LR4 for me strikes an almost perfect balance between elegance and serious capability. Loud exhaust sounds? Nope. There's no checkbox for that on my personal spec sheet.

But I will always go back to encouraging people to do what they want with their pride and joy. I think most of us feel that way. I enjoy being entertained by people who do (stuff) to their cars that I would never consider doing in a million years. It's great!

I have also seen the first hand reports of people who deleted loud exhaust systems because the highway drone was making them lose their minds.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Quarantine has my ass bored LOL i needed some excitement in my life. I’m in Queens NY....we’re not opening up probably until July smh.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea but I do know you don't add "glass packs". Perhaps a X of H pipe? Who knows these things have a laundry list of items to maintain before I go spending money on exhaust.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
If you're going to make changes to your exhaust tones, simply delete the resonator. I've done it and loved it at first, but miss the ultra quiet cabin while kids are watching a movie. Nowadays I have to crank up whatever they're watching so they can hear it better.

The OEM muffler is very similar to a magnaflo or flowmaster, so replacing that with another muffler or dual mufflers is just wasting/flaunting money.

Here's my resonator delete while driving down the highway at 70-75 mph and then opening the sunroof. I have a diy wind deflector on my FRO roof rack.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @djkaosone on this. I herd the exhaust note on an LR4 with a deleted center resonator and I fell in love. The sound is a little lower and burbly and it’s not really loud outside unless your trying to show it off. Honestly personally when I do it I’m going to keep the resonator just Incase I want to weld it back on if I get tired of the drone (if any). But then again you put your foot down and all those thoughts will most likely go away and leave you with just a smile on your face.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV