Few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) how can I make the AC circulate permanently instead of pressing the circulate button all the time? I know you can hold it down to stay that way but when the car is turned off it just goes back to fresh air.

2) can I disable the auto folding mirrors when I park the car?

3) I have my old Range Rover Sport rack rails and cross bars. I know the rails won't fit the LR4 but will the cross bars fit with the proper LR4 rails?

Sorry, I have not received my car manual yet.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) I don't think so, like you said recirculation (whether timed or locked) only lasts until your car is turned off and the electronics reset. I wish there was a way to permanently engage it myself, especially when we go wheeling on dusty trails sometimes I forget to re-engage it.

2) Auto folding mirrors can be disabled by your dealer or via a diagnostic tool such as IIDTool.

aj22

Reaction score
Why would you want to disable the folding mirrors? It's a bit of a gimmick, but what's the harm?

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to disable the folding mirrors? It's a bit of a gimmick, but what's the harm?

The chance of it wearing out the motor every time it folds in and out is probably high. So I'm trying to minimize that risk.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too thought the folding mirrors are a bit of nonsense (is it me or do they still stick out too far?). In any case, I have gotten used to it and actually find it useful as a quick visual indicator that the doors are actually locked when walking away from the car.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In any case, I have gotten used to it and actually find it useful as a quick visual indicator that the doors are actually locked when walking away from the car.

This is the most important aspect of the folding mirrors as I see it also. Fantastic quick confirmation.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the most important aspect of the folding mirrors as I see it also. Fantastic quick confirmation.

Only if the whole system is working as it should.

Are 3 light flashes not sufficient or hearing the doors "lock" ? You people are getting really lazy and dependent....

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3) I have my old Range Rover Sport rack rails and cross bars. I know the rails won't fit the LR4 but will the cross bars fit with the proper LR4 rails?

Sorry, I have not received my car manual yet.

What do you mean by having the RRS "rails"? (to me rails refer to front to back mounting bars, which the Land Rovers do not have. What they have is more appropriately called a track)

Not many people would remove the rails or tracks. I can see you taking the cross bars. If I'm thinking of the type of cross bars that turn down at the end, then you can just try and see if they are the right length.

I assume you got an LR4 without the factory rails/tracks? They're about $750 or so from the dealer but if you do some searching, you may be able to find much cheaper.

Now, keep in mind that you are not required to install the factory tracks in order to mount cross bars or large racks. These can mount directly into the mount holes that the tracks use but admittedly, the tracks are much more versatile and convenient once installed.

---
Ok, so I just saw your vehicle. You'll need the factory full length tracks, or short length, or rack specific mounts. For example, the 2007 Range Rover I had did not have or need the tracks in order to mount the factory safari rack that I put on it. There were 6 mount points on the rack that were of course aligned to mount directly into the roof frame which was pretty slick. I miss that ride ;)

Last edited:

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just saw your vehicle. You'll need the factory full length tracks, or short length, or rack specific mounts. For example, the 2007 Range Rover I had did not have or need the tracks in order to mount the factory safari rack that I put on it. There were 6 mount points on the rack that were of course aligned to mount directly into the roof frame which was pretty slick. I miss that ride ;)

I know I need the "tracks", I'm asking if the cross bars from a RRS are the same for the LR4. All of the OEM rack rails/track do not come with the cross bars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM