Fitting Oversized Spare Tire Underneath

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do.
Duh on my part, I thought you did just making sure. My memory these days is one big blur. haha.

I was talking to someone the other day and they were going back and forth about the spare TPMS and it turned out he did not have a full-sized spare (no HD package). I

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh on my part, I thought you did just making sure. My memory these days is one big blur. haha.

I was talking to someone the other day and they were going back and forth about the spare TPMS and it turned out he did not have a full-sized spare (no HD package). I

Does the donut spare not have a sensor?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, the compact donut is not monitored (because the required pressure for that skinny tire is so much higher than the regular sized ones.)

Even with a nearly deflated, monitored full size spare tire, the TPMS warning only pops up for a few seconds after you start the engine, then it extinguishes. This is different than the warning for the running wheels, which stays on until you correct the issue.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, the compact donut is not monitored (because the required pressure for that skinny tire is so much higher than the regular sized ones.)

Even with a nearly deflated, monitored full size spare tire, the TPMS warning only pops up for a few seconds after you start the engine, then it extinguishes. This is different than the warning for the running wheels, which stays on until you correct the issue.
Yep. I saw it happen when I removed my spare (before I turned off spare tire TPMS).

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635