floor jack and torque wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using a 3 ton long arm Pittsburgh from Harbor Freight. Prices are unbeatable and for most purchases harbor freight is alright.... not all equipment and tools shoul be bought from there though. Also have the 1/2" Pittsburgh torque wrench... never any issues with eirher and coupons/sales makes it a no brainer. Not the fanciest but gets the job done.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, buyer beware with Harbour Freight, but I have heard good things about their steel floor jacks (and tool cabinets).

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions.
Could someone confirm what should be minimum floor juck lift for our LR4. Umberto said 21" should be fine. What about 19" or 20".
I am leaning toward 3.5 ton Norco floor jack. I need it to put my off road tires/ wheels when offroading and then change the wheels back to stock set up.
I want to skip TPSM for my off raad wheels.
I heard Norco is of really good quality so it should last for years. Just cost arround $400 ( with shipping).
I have to decide and order the jack in a week or so.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I have an AC Industries DK20Q floor jack. Capacity: 4400 lbs. Max. height: 19.7". In the inset of the photo you can see the standard rubber pad and the 4" extension. When the photo was being taken the LR4 was lifted without the extension. It's a great jack. Very controllable on the way up and down.

If I were to do it again I would consider the DK20HLQ, but that thing is such a huge monster I don't know where I'd put it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AC_FloorJack.jpg
    AC_FloorJack.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 98

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an AC Industries DK20Q floor jack. Capacity: 4400 lbs. Max. height: 19.7". In the inset of the photo you can see the standard rubber pad and the 4" extension. When the photo was being taken the LR4 was lifted without the extension. It's a great jack. Very controllable on the way up and down.

If I were to do it again I would consider the DK20HLQ, but that thing is such a huge monster I don't know where I'd put it.

attachment.php

Thanks for advice.
This is a really nice jack, but it is even more expensive than Norco 3.5 ton jack I was thinking about to get. I need something to use for changing to my off road wheels and back to stock wheels maybe 1 x month, that it. I just want the jack to last years without any problems.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today UPS delivered my package - the torque wrench you recommended.
It looks very nice. The scale is a little hard to read but not a big problem. It really feels like a high quality tool.
Thank you.

Great. We use them at work, so I got one (two, actually - 1/2" & 3/8") for home.

I'm sure you know, but remember to use it as intended. No breaking fasteners loose and don't apply torque past the click. I've also heard that for long-term storage (or if you use it very seldom), to lower the torque setting. Don't care enough to research it to see if it is true, but I try to not leave it no higher than 100ft-lbs or so.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the 3/8" and 1/2" as well. Appreciate the link. My F150 takes a whopping 150 ft./lbs. I'm not sure where I'm at with a std. 1/2" drive ratchet. Most other vehicles I have owned were between 75-100 ft./lbs. which is easily doable with std. 1/2" ratchets...

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. We use them at work, so I got one (two, actually - 1/2" & 3/8") for home.

I'm sure you know, but remember to use it as intended. No breaking fasteners loose and don't apply torque past the click. I've also heard that for long-term storage (or if you use it very seldom), to lower the torque setting. Don't care enough to research it to see if it is true, but I try to not leave it no higher than 100ft-lbs or so.

You are right regarding the storage at lowest torque setting. It is in the instruction manual.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM