Freelander 04 Low Fuel Pressure problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgarrett

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Freelander 04 Diesel. Recently the car failed when driving. The engine performance disappeared and the engine died completely after a minute. This follows both fuel pumps being replaced six months ago and an episode three months ago when teh vehicle very briefly experienced a similiar loss in performance which cleared up after the car was restarted and didn't occur again.

I have taken it to the local dealer but they are puzzled and I feel are clutching at straws.

They have checked both fuel pumps, they are working.

They have checked the injectors and there is no back leaking

They have not checked the High Pressure pump nor the pump solenoid but they say the fuel pressue is okay up to the fuel rail where there is a low pressure error.

At the moment they are blaming the fuel and talking about replacing the entire fuel system (v. expensive) but as mentioned, I feel this is because they do not know what is wrong rather than based on anything definite. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM